Chapter 8

Adelia(pov)

Time has passed and mother during that time has become terribly ill that it has left her bedridden. Since she has become sick I haven't left her side unless needed. If Felix does visit he respects my wishes and also joins me with staying near my mother.

Right now its night time so I'm laying in bed with my mama "mama will you sing my lullaby" I ask her as she faces me and she gives me a gentle smile "of course anything for you baby" she says and runs her fingers through my white hair and starts singing.

(Im gonna use this song by Taylor Swift because I feel like it'll go good with the story)

I fall asleep when she finishes. I wake up the next morning and see my mother still sleeping so I get up and head to my room to getting ready to prepare. Firstly I write a letter explaining in it to my family as to why I'm sending my mothers corps to there estate which will be sent when she passes, next in the other letter I arrange for a grave to be made in fathers family catacombs but will be empty the only reason I'm doing this is for my so called father wont get suspicious of me all this will happen when she passes. With a sad sigh I hide the letters and go back to my mother after I gets dressed there I spend the rest of the day with my mother reading books, drawing and reminiscing about found memories.

A few weeks pass by and by then mama has only got worst and here I am next to her as she lays in her death bed. She looks so pale and so thin here I am next to her crying saying the exact same thing I said last time cause I can't help my precious mother is about to leave me once more "Mama please don't leave me please...stay" I say while crying. She pets my hair and holds me close to her chest "oh my sweet baby I'm sorry that I have to go it's my time but remember this isn't good bye its a see you later so I want you to live your life to the fullest now let me sing your lullaby once more ok?" She tells me and starts to sing when shes done she reaches to her locket and takes it off and puts it on me "here is something to remember me by you'll always be in my heart just like I'm in yours" mama says and sings to me untill I fall asleep muttering to her 'I love so much' and 'your the best mama'.

I wake up the next morning and I look beside me only to see my mama has passed away but she still has her gentle smile on her face. In that moment I cried my heart out I cried so loud that nanny and Alfred came to check what's wrong only for them to gasp and start to tear up Alfred comes to the bed and picks me up and then goes to nanny where they both hug each other with me between them giving me the comfort I so desperately need at this time we stay like that for while untill they set me down. I wipe my tears "Alfred cover my mother up and then gather everyone to the entrance nanny come with me pleas" I say they nod and I walk to my room.

Once there "are you feeling well my little lady" nanny ask gently "I'm well for now but nanny I need you to know something that I'll later tell Alfred" I tell her she nods I take a breath "nanny I'm going to send mothers corps to her family so she'll be buried there but in fathers catacombs there will also be a grave for mother but it will be empty no matter if mother was his wife he doesn't deserve to even have her here" I tell nanny she's quite for a moment "I agree with you little lady and I fully support your decision" she tell me I smile and go to my desk and pull out the letters and give them to nanny "have Alfred help you the big envelop goes to the Amaryllis family while the other tell to prepare the empty grave, once everyone is gathered pleas come get me" I tell nanny she nods and walks off.

The moment she leaves I throw myself on the bed and silently cry untill I get up and wash my face the moment I finished nanny came in and told me everyone has gathered I nod and we go to the entrance. I stand at the top of the stairs looking at everyone I take a deep breath and start.

" As everyone must be wondering why you are here I'll tell you now. Your madam, my mother has passed away last night in her sleep" I say and I hear gaps of shock and some sniffles "today together we will morn the loss of life lost but tomorrow we will start preparing for her funeral" I say finishing and walk down toward everyone where I'm grabbed in a giant group hug where we all cry and support one another.