Chapter 21

Atticus(pov)

Adelia and I have been following the man for a while and he hasn't notices us yet so thats good that or he's just dum. After a good two hours he finally stops in the middle of the woods where there a man dressed in fine clothes is waiting. He looks up as he noticed his lackey "ah frank you made it" the unknown man said to the man we now know as frank as he got off his horse I watch as he take off his hat and bows to him "Lord Miller pleasure to meet you once again" Frank said.

Hmmm from what I heard Miller has been very shay lately because he has come among a larg sum of money I herd from the maids that his daughter has been flaunting it a lot by wearing expensive jewelry and dresses. Looks like we found the master mind, but the question is there another one. "Ugh we need to get closer to record" Adelia said and jumped off as the two men went into the carriage I watch as he recorded them from the side "well how has capturing been going" Lord Miller asked "oh it been going splendid my lord we've manged to capture plenty and as a bonus we got some children to" Frank said "excellent continue the good work and you'll continue to get paid splendidly now if that all I'll leave first but remember I'll be coming next week to see the merch" Lord Miller said and Adelia quickly came back up and we left back to the inn.

When we get back we see Obsidian already asleep on the bed "lets sleep we'll discuss everything in the morning" Adelia said heading to the bathroom to change as I change in the room. Once out she slides into bed tucking Obsidian in to and I follow. We wake up in the morning rather late I stretch as Adelia goes to the bathroom and does her daily routine, after about half and hour she's out and I go and do what I need to do. I come out quickly and see Adelia playing with Obsidian with a ball that she made appear I chuckle and head over "lets discuss things now" Adelia said I nod and we settle at the table in the corner of the room.

"Ok from what we've found out they are taking people and selling them against there will as slaves and we know that the king baned slavery so what they are doing is illegal. On a good note we know when the people are gonna be shiped off, where there are and who is behind this. What we need to find out is how many people they have on hand and see if Lord Miller has another noble helping him, but we also need to search his house to see if he has any documents as more proof should he try to destroy any evidence, so either tonight or tommorow I'll go check while you stay here gathering more proof by taking pictures and videos" Adelia explained.

"Are you sure that you'll be fine on your own" I ask her worried about her going alone on this risky task she nods and looks me in the eye "I'll be fine promise, now lets go eat because Obsidian is chewing on the ball like the turkey leg from last night" Adelia said and look at the floor and see shes right I nod and Adelia get her bag and outs him there making sure he's comfy. We head out and make our way to the meat stand and purchase a large turkey leg and we leave and Adelia puts it her bag where Obsidian quickly digs into it. We go to the bloody Boar and we eat some pancakes with a fruit salad. After a good breakfast we walk around while discussing our plans.

We continue walking untill a girl bumps into Adelia who quickly grabs her arms and I see her pouch of coins in the other girls hand. The girl look scared but all Adelia does is pull her to a ally "looks I'll return it just let me go" the girl said "whoa girl I anit gonna hurt and he wont either but I got some questions for you tell us what we need and we'll buy you some lunch for yourself or whoever this was for" Adelia said the girl thinks for a moment before nodding "alright what do you wanna know" The girl asked.

"I know you know about the people going missing and I wanna know have you seen it happening or have any or your friends gone missing lastly" Adelia asked her "well.. I've seen about three people get captured by these men near ally ways and the edge of town near the wood and I have a friends who ended up missing about two day ago" the girl said we nod "tell me if we asked you to testify against these people as a witness since you some at some point will you it will help" I asked she looks hesitant "why are you asking me" she asked.