CHAPTER 6

Amelia’s pov

You are going to be punished for this cupcake

I have a stalker. I have a real stalker after me.

______________________

“Are you sure you are alright Amelia? You look like you time travelled from the early ages you know.” Nick asked. “It’s nothing. I’m just tired....didn’t get a wink of sleep yesterday” I sighed. “Why? Is something bothering you?” he asked. I looked at him for a while and said “Nope. Nothing, I just.... miss my mom.” I am NOT gonna tell them about this. I don’t want to put them in danger.

I kept thinking about the pictures I got yesterday. Someone has followed me everywhere. I tried to remember if anyone was around us in the cave. Because that picture looked like it was taken at a close distance. “Amelia? Hey?” Jake looked at me worried, breaking me from my thoughts. “Yeah?” “I asked if you wanted to eat something.” he asked. “Ah no. I’m good.” I answered. “Are you sure you are not sick?” he asked touching my forehead. “No, really I’m alright. Don’t worry.” I smiled.

________________________

“Take care Amelia.” Jake said giving me a peck after dropping me in my home. “Bye Jake” I smiled and waved him goodbye.

I shut the door after entering my home and locked it. I made my way to the cupboard where I kept the envelope and took out the photos. Taking a look at it again and again gave me a headache, but I should do it to find anything. Anything that helps me find who the person is. But the only thing I got was that the camera should have cost a fortune, seeing the clarity of the pictures. As if that is going to lead me to some conclusion. The person might have just stolen the camera or something.

I kept the pictures in the cupboard again and made my way upstairs to my room. I took out my phone to see a message notification from Jake.

Jake
hey

Me
hii

Jake
How are you feeling right now

Me
better now I guess..

Jake
Don’t forget to eat your dinner. You skipped your lunch remember?

Me
Oh yeah right. I’ll be back after sometime.... gotta go buy some groceries from the store. Byeee.. I love you..

Jake
Byee...Take care....and I love you too..

Going back from his messages I saw a very old message from an unknown number.
'You have been a bad girl cupcake'.
I closed the conversation and took a deep breath.

_______________________

The convenience store was just two blocks away from my home so I just walked there. It was almost 8pm and the streets were almost deserted. I picked up my groceries and exited the store.
Man I’m so hungry right now. It was not a good idea skipping lunch, I guess.

I was dragging my feet lazily towards my home when I heard a noise behind me. Turning back I saw a figure, not so visible in the darkness, walking in my direction. Well it must be someone living across the street I told myself and kept walking.

But something was wrong with the way the person walked. Whenever I slowed or fastened my pace that person would do the same. I noticed there was no one else in the streets except us. Panick took over me and I started fastening my pace until I was almost jogging. I could hear his footsteps picking up speed too, coming closer and closer. I broke into a sprint dropping the groceries in my hand.

Running as fast as I could, I didn't dare look behind me. I reached my home and locked the door immediately, panting for breath. I opened my curtains and looked through the window to see no one. I slid to the ground thinking what could have happened if the stranger caught up to me and my eyes immediately landed on the cupboard where the envelope lies, it can’t be.

Clink

I opened my phone to see a messege notification. I clicked open thinking it might be from Jake. Seems like I was wrong, seeing it was from the unknown number. My hands started trembling as I opened it.

I will be coming for you soon.

I broke into tears.

A/n so yeah the dark times start
p.s I think Amelia is gonna starve the night.......
sorry
thank you for reading this story guys!!! means a LOT to me.... and take care
love you!!💜💜