CHAPTER 22

Amelia’s pov

I pulled myself up from the bed and my legs hung at the side of the bed. My legs feels so weird being able to move. But I can’t keep myself from moving anymore, I will go insane if I stay in the same place any longer. I managed to stand up using my hands to support all my weight. Slowly, I gave weight to my right leg and to the left, the sensation a bit painful to my sore muscles. I winced as I removed my hands and gave all my weight to my legs, taking my first step.

I entered the living room to see Steve waiting for me. His face lit up visibly as he saw me coming, no, struggling my way down the stairs. He rushed towards me, taking my hand in his and led me towards the table set up. He pulled the chair out for me and made me sit down as he took the seat opposite of me.

“I’m so happy you are up! I missed you so much Amelia” He said smiling the most genuine smile I’ve ever seen. “Yeah, I feel better today.” my voice came out a little croaked. My stomach grumbled in the most embarrasing way and I felt my face heat up as I looked at him shyly. He laughed saying “Well dig in”.

The food was really good that the room was dead silent untill everything was emptied to the stomach. “Thank you, the food was really good. I really enjoyed it.” I said with a smile that reached my eyes. “A-ah y-your welcome” he stuttered and I looked to see him looking away with a blush on his face. “Amelia” he said making me look staright in his eye. His expression was replaced by something very serious. I gulped down unable to avert my eyes away from his.

“I want you to stay with me forever. I couldn’t take it anymore. You are so close to me yet so far away from me. I love you Amelia. I love you. I want to feel your warmth against me till my life ends. I want to hold you in my hands without a fear of breaking you. I want you.” the silence that followed after almost killed me. I couldn’t think straight.

“I... I feel dizzy.” I stood up and hurried back to my room as fast as my body would allow, ignoring his voice calling me back behind me. I shut the door of my room and lied down on my bed, closing my eyes. Conflicting thoughts filled up my mind. It sounds good though. I can block every thought from the past. At least then I can pretend nothing hurts me. I can pretend that everything was fine. And maybe if I pretend for long enough.... It could actually become fine.

I felt the cold hit my face as the tears flowed down my cheeks even when I tried to smile. It was too painful already. I had no idea how many hours passed as I drifted off to sleep.

________________________________

Jake’s pov

I tapped my fingers on the stearing wheel trying my best to be patient. He is taking too damn long. I almost gave up when I saw him come out of the building. A really old buliding. It looked like it was haunted with all of its windows boarded up. I still have no idea why he came all the way here. This place took almost an hour to reach from his place.

I had been following Steve from the day I found Amelia’s bracelet.

I ducked my head down when he glanced in my direction. He got inside his car and started driving down the road. I waited for sometime and started following him. I followed his pace, speeding up when he did so. Lucky he didn’t notice me. I certainly am not experienced in this field so I am glad I am not caught. I followed him to an unfamiliar street. Weird. There is almost no one in this street. No vehicles are seen on the road. I slowed my pace more, falling behind just in case. He rounded a corner and I sped up to catch up with him. I turned right to face a narrow road with barely any light reaching the ground. I thought I had lost him when I spotted his car parked to the right.

I looked around to see no one and got out of my car. Heading towards the car, I saw that it was empty. Shit! I lost him. Guess I have to wait for him to come back from wherever he had gone to. I sighed turning around to get back to my car.

Whack

Pain exploded in my head and it clouded my vision. I felt my knees hit the ground. I felt the back of my head with my hand and felt something warm and soggy. Blood. Red started building up in my vision as I tried to lift myself from the ground.

A pair of shoes stepped in my field of vision. I felt the owner of the shoes crouched down and I felt something cold lift my chin up. Steve was holding my chin up with a baseball bat in his hand.

“I was waiting for you” He said as he swung the baseball bat again in a full swing.

Whack

A/n I’m back! I know staying home sucks... so try to find your hidden talent in this quarantine and spend time with your fam! Stay home stay safe! There is a LOT going on in this 2020... but lets stay strong... lets overcome this and be born back as a new human.... Blacklivesmatter protesters stay safe and don’t forget your protective gear..... wear masks and goggles to avoid damage by tear gas and pepper spray...
Take care and love yourself! You are beautiful and unique...