CHAPTER 23

Jake's pov

Cling

Metal noises kept echoing in my head as I tried to open my eyes. I felt like my head was floating in some kind of lava. I tried to feel my arms and legs. Something restricted my body from moving. I opened my eyes slowly and almost closed them as the light hit me directly on the face. I shook my head to clear my vision. I still couldn't get a hold of myself.

I opened my eyes fully with great effort and looked around. The first thought that struck me was I'm gonna die. I wished I was blindfolded because my stomach did a backflip seeing the things before me. Tools, or should I say all kinds of sharp objects and knives I've seen in meat shops were kept before me in a table in the perfect order from small to large sizes.

"Finished admiring my babies?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I tried to turn towards it but couldn't. I looked down to see myself restrained in an armchair, rope tightly curling around my body, completely immobilising me. Footsteps approached me and he stepped into the light. "You" I glared at Steve. "Yeah me" he shrugged and smirked.

"You thought I was so dumb that I can't even figure out that you were following me? I must say that you really suck at spying" he said. "So it really is you" I said anger boiling inside me. "WHERE. ARE. THEY." I asked trying to calm down. "They?" he said tilting his head. I really want to knock his teeth off now. "Nick and Amelia" I asked gritting my teeth. "Oh, my darling Amelia is sleeping right now. She always misses me a lot when I leave her alone in this house. So I've got to finish this soon and go back to my cupcake." I couldn't bring the words out of my mouth, Amelia is here! "And the other guy, Nick? Was that his name? Yeah I killed that bastard. Don't worry, you will join him soon in the store room" he said thumbing the direction. It took me long to process this. No. NO. Nick can't be dead. "You are lying" I said hoping for the impossible and looked at him feeling the horror dawn in me as he smirked. "I WILL KILL YOU" I strained against the restrains and tried to get out of it. "Shhhh" he said and I stilled feeling something cold press against my neck, "You will wake up my cupcake if you shout like that" he said and traced the knife against my jawline.

He backed off and looked at me satisfied as I stayed silent. "Why are you doing this?" I managed to ask him. He started laughing and then his expression changed to rage. "Why? You, ALL OF YOU have been treating her like trash. You keep spoiling her with fake love! She was the one who promised to be with me till the end! She was the one who said that she would never leave me. YOU TOOK HER AWAY FROM ME."

My breath hitched as he took hold of the knife and came close to me. I felt his breath aginst my face as he stared directly into my eyes. "You took away what's meant to be MINE" he sneered and brought the knife down.

Slash

_____________________________

Amelia's pov

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH"

I wake up to a scream piercing my ears. I looked around to see that it was almost noon. I thought I was hallucinating when I heard another scream coming from downstairs. I got up and made my way to the door. I guess Steve is not back yet, or maybe he didn't disturb me as I was asleep. I made my way down and saw no one. No one in the living room or the kitchen.

I didn't want to go visit the basement, but something made me walk towards the basement door. My hands started shaking as the memories of me bundled up in a corner without food came back rushing towards my mind. I turned around and was about to make my way back to my room, but was held back when I heard a voice coming from the other side. I took deep breaths and slowly made my way downstairs. Its ok I was a good girl, I'm not going to be punished now, I pressed my ear to the door and heard someone's whimpers, and then came Steve's voice.

"You have no idea how many times I wanted to kill you whenever you touched my cupcake. But now that I am gonna kill you, its gonna be a very very slow and painful death. I will cut off all your fingers one by one till you go insane, till you regret ever touching her. You don't deserve to see her smile. I'm gonna kill you just like how I killed your friend Nick"

I pushed opened the door and almost blacked out seeing the sight before me. No no no. Not Jake too. Steve turned to look at me, giving me a better view of Jake. Blood. Everywhere, dripping from Steve's knife to the ground. Something small was lying on the ground, covered fully in blood. "N-no Amelia" Jake said weakly, looking at me. Horror filled my head as I realized that it was Jake's little finger which lied on the ground. Blood was dripping from his right hand as he tried his best to stay conscious.

I looked back at Steve who smirked saying "Looks like we don't have much time" and raised the knife. I ran towards them grabbing anything that my hands could reach. "NO" I screamed as Steve brought the knife towards Jake's heart.

Slash

A/n
The book is almost at its end! Do drop your views about this book in the comments!! Thank you for staying till the end! One last chapter is coming up.