CHAPTER 16

(Steve’s home)

Steve was burning with rage as he came to know of this bracelet. He had failed at this new piece of information that had happened just below his nose. He had almost snapped when that bastard told him that he gave something that symbolises eternity to his cupcake. He had to keep his face neutral but something close to pity as Jake was still sitting and crying pathetically in front of him. He couldn’t let this piece of trash near something which solely belongs to him.

Jake looked up after sometime seeming somewhat stable and asked Steve “So please tell me what exactly happened that night.” Steve shifted on his seat to sit more comfortably and started “As you know already Amelia had her birthday party and I too was invited. It was... noisy. I saw that Amelia was clearly not comfortable” he shrugged. “She always hated too much noise. I’m surprised she held a party” a small painful smile tugged at the corner of Jake’s lips as he recalled these thoughts aloud. “Seems like that and the party just went on till 10 and everone started moving out one by one. I stayed a bit longer chatting with Nick and Amelia and then also made my way back home leaving both of them alone” Steve said robotically as if he had every single word printed and revised repeatedly on his mind. Steve glanced at Jake who just listened and didn’t utter a single word nor give any reaction, displaying something like a poker face, putting Steve at unease. Jake just nodded his head signalling him to continue.

“I returned home, took a shower and was about to head to my room. I guess it was around 12 when I heard clear screams coming from Amelia’s house. I rushed towards the window and strained my eyes to see any signs of movement. But was not able to see anything. I picked up my phone and dialed 911 just in case and reported them everything. They told me not to enter the premises for my safety and..... I obeyed them. The police arrived 15mins later. I was enquired about the whole thing. When I asked them what happened they said both of them went missing that night” Steve said pausing for a while.

Jake remained silent taking everything in and felt exhausted. He felt as if all his energy has been drained now that he heard it a bit detailed. He wanted this to end. He wanted to hold Amelia in his hands again. He wanted to go on trips with both of them. Jake got up from his seat turning towards Steve who had gotten up as well “Thank you... I.... I think I should go.” Jake turned taking heavy breaths and  got out. He wanted to get away from here.... somewhere far... as he was not sure how long it might take for him to break down. He rushed outside the house and got into his car, his chest hurting from the pain of holding his tears back. He realized he was staring at Amelia’s home and felt his tears flow down. He turned on the engine and started driving away wherever his hands lead him.

____________________

Amelia’s pov

I had looked around the house searching for any route of escape the whole day. I almost gave up as ALL the windows had been boarded up and closed, letting sunlight inside in narrow rays. I tried to open the other two locked doors. Doing all sort of techniques I had seen in the tv just to get my hands sore and almost dislocating my shoulder blade. I was too much exhausted as I dragged myself to my ‘room’. I entered and laid down on my bed to immediately pass out.

I wake up to see Steve barging down my room kicking my door open. He was fuming. I got scared and I thought he knew about all the efforts I did to escape. I started shaking, getting up from my bed and backing to the other side of the room as his eyes followed me. His eyes were dark with no life as he marched towards me. I took a few steps back till I felt the wall behind me... shit I’m trapped. He stood too close to me, with rage filling his features. I couldn’t even open my mouth as I stared at him, scared of what he would do to me. He lifted up his hands and I closed my eyes, as terror took over me. I felt my wrist being held up a bit forcefully. I clenched my teeth to prevent me from screaming as the bruises the cuff had left on my hand has not healed at all and Steve, almost crushing my wrist, worsened the pain.

I opened my eyes and I saw Steve staring at my wrist as if he was gonna chop it off. “It hurts” I whispered and was shocked at how my voice sounded weak and pleading. I thought he might have come back to his senses as his hold weakened but he didn’t let go, still staring at my wrist. “He doesn’t deserve you” He said raising my confusion. He looked at my confused face and added “Jake” and I widened my eyes in realisation as I saw the bracelet Jake had given me on the beach on the hand he was holding. I felt tears starting to form in my eyes and I whispered a little stronger “Let go of me” and stared right into his eyes. He reached out to his pocket and pulled out something silver. He brought it towards my wrist. My breath hitched as I recognised it as a knife and started squirming my wrist to pull away from him. “Don’t move or else you will get hurt” he said and with that he cut the bracelet tied to my wrist and threw it inside his pocket. He let go of my hand. My knees gave up as I slid to the ground. I couldn’t help the tears from flowing as I hugged my knees, and saw him leave my room.

A/n okay so this chapter was a bit long...... I think I changed my writing style a teeny tiny bit..... And if u want I'll try my best to change it back💜💜