CHAPTER 18

Jake’s pov

“Officer Kim” I called out as I saw the familiar figure enter the cafe. I had asked if I could meet him soon and he suggested a cafe nearby. “So, what was it that you wanted to tell me Mr.Jake?” He asked straight to the topic as he sat down opposite to me. “It’s about Amelia. I found this in a cupboard in her home.” I said taking out the envelope from my bag and handing it out for him. He took it from my hands, frowning as he saw no address written in the envelope. He opened the envelope taking out the photos. “And you might want to see the back side of the last pic” I said and saw him widening his eyes at the words written in it. “Do you have any idea as of when she got this envelope?” He asked and I shook my head. “She didn’t tell me anything about this. But I remember her being gloomy after we went on a trip. Even when we asked her about it, she told us nothing was wrong.”  Officer Kim nodded then he got up saying “I’ll be taking this for evidence. I’ll get going then”

__________________________

Amelia’s pov

I have no idea how many days had passed as I still remained in this hellhole. Did they already forget about me? Am I going to be stuck here with him for the rest of my life? I shook my head to distract myself from these kind of thoughts, but they seem to appear again and again crushing my hope. I’ve been wandering around the house everytime Steve went outside only to get tired and get back to bed. The only windows were locked tight. I was still curious about the locked doors, is one of the door the exit?

I turned my plastic fork not looking at the food Steve had given me. He trusted me more now as he made me sit with him in a dining table rather than bringing food to my room. “Amelia?” I was brought back to reality with his voice calling me, making me turn automatically towards him. “You are not eating. Are you alright? Are you feeling sick? Do you not like it?” he asked looking concerned. Don’t look at me like that. Don’t you dare put on an innocent face like that. I forced a smile saying “Oh no sorry. I am alright, don’t worry about me”. I took a mouthful of the food he gave me, forcing myself to swallow without gagging. It’s not that the food doesn’t taste good, I just couldn’t find my appetite even when the food was always my favorite dish. But that makes my stomach turn knowing that Steve knew every small thing about me.

We both finished eating and when I was about to go to my room, he grabbed my wrist making me turn. My breath started to come out shallow and fast as I stared at him, he had a pleasant expression with a soft smile on his lips that made me calm down a bit. “I... I wanted to give you something. Can you... wait here?” he said rubbing his neck and looking at me. I nodded to which his face brightened up with a wider smile. “Ok. I’ll be back in a sec” he said and kissed my forehead, freezing me up. I saw him run towards his room and I stood there with wide eyes, shocked by his sudden action. I heard footsteps coming near and I turned to see him carying a box.

He came closer handing out the box to me. I looked at him puzzled and he gestured to the box. “Oh... um... thanks?” I said taking the box in my hands. He was so excited that his smile was reaching his eyes and urged me to open it. I was scared. He had an innocent smile on his face but knowing his twisted personality, I had to be scared for whatever he had planned in his mind.

I opened the box. It took all of my willpower to control my emotions as I lifted a beautiful black dress from the box. It was too beautiful yet too dangerous as it holded a horrible sin. “It was your birthday present remember?” he said with an innocent expression as if he didn’t even remember that he killed a person. I couldn’t find my voice as I kept staring at the dress held in my hand. He came closer to me “Go on. Try it! I’ll wait here. I really want to see you in that dress”. I took the dress and headed towards my room. I should not disobey him when he seems this much excited. Because if I did I know a little too well what the consequenses will be.

I slipped into the dress, not really paying attention to it. I tried pretending that I was just trying on a simple dress. I failed as everytime I felt the dress on me, I could feel Nick’s screams... his blood oozing out and his life ripped away. It felt as if the dress was soaked in Nick’s blood, dripping down the edges. I stood there in my room, my body was shaking too much as I felt my knees go weak.

Knock Knock

I was brought back to reality and my eyes widened as realization hit me. I had taken a hell lot of time to change. I stood up and slowly made my way to the door. “Amelia?” I heard him call from the other side and I felt the tension in my shoulders lessen as I knew that he was not mad. I opened the door slowly a little bit. The door was whipped open from the other side and I found myself pinned to the wall with my wrists held on top of my head. My breath hitched as I looked into his eyes which were no more innocent but held darkness and lust staring at me.

“You look gorgeous cupcake”

A/n Thank you everyone for staying here and if you like the story do vote and drop ALL your craziness in the comments!! If you want to know something about me feel free to ask it in the comment section.

And one more clarification, this is NOT a mature story 😆.
Thank you and I love you!!💜💜