Chapter One: Joshua Beckham Welsh

Dear Diary,

Today is November 8, 2019. I am going to school in ten minutes. Just waiting for dad to finish his breakfast. Here we go again. I can feel guilt in me again. I don't know when it started again but now I'm starting to cry myself to sleep again and I start crying even though I feel happy or even when I'm not thinking about 'it'. Am I okay or am I not? I don't know. I can still feel the hole in my heart. Something is missing because of me. I wish I could bring back the past. Well, dad is calling me...

I went downstairs and stared at the mirror once more. I was wearing a long sleeved white blouse with a red and white striped bow and a grey pleated skirt that stops above the knee. I also had white socks on the went below the knee and black doll shoes. I go to the car and put my bag down in the trunk. I close the trunk door and sat at the passenger seat. I look at the side mirror of the car and stared at myself. Long brown wavy hair that reaches under my shoulder, light brown eyes, a dimple on my right cheek. I sigh and remember her.

I miss her. I miss my twin sister.

Dad enters the car and turns the engine on. He turns the aircon off and opened the windows since it was cool day. "So sweetheart. How is your day?"

I shrugged as he started to drive. "The usual."

Dad turns at a corner and starts to speed up a little. "Mira, next month I'll be going on a business trip and I might take about a month or so. You'll be staying over at my friend's place."

I pout and faced dad. "Which friend?"

"James Hughes. But since he is also on a business trip with me, you will stay with his wife, Jaquelyn, and of course their children."

I nod as we reached Greenwood Academy. A gigantic school with a lot of students which was weird because it was a private school. I wear my black coat and buttoned it. I kiss dad goodbye, got my bag and went inside. My first subject is Chemistry so I went to my locker and got my lab gown then removed my coat. On the way to Chem, a tall figure stops in front of me. When I look at it, I see the school's most annoying troublemaker.

Joshua Welsh.

"What do you want." I ask unsatisfied. I was getting late for Chem and I didn't like being late.

He grins and taps my head.

Since when did we become close?

He closes the space between us by moving forward so that his mouth was to my ears. "I know you're wondering why I'm talking to you but don't worry. You'll know why." He backs off and leaves me bewildered at his words and action.

My eyes widen in realization.

No no no no NO. This can't be happening. I run to the Chem lab and luckily I wasn't late. As I enter, the laboratory, I put my books down and sat on my chair then put my bag down. I realized my ballpen was still in my bag so instead of standing up, my lab gown was glued to the seat and I fell forward.

People around me started to hold in their laughter and I sighed. I was right.

I am Joshua Welsh's next victim.

How lucky.

*****

It was lunch and I am sitting on the swings. Beside me was my friend Violet Diaz. We already ate lunch and we still had 30 'til our next subject.

"Hey Mira. I've heard the news. Goodluck with that weirdo."

"Who weirdo?"

The two of us screamed and stood up from the seat of the swing. We look behind and it was the ugly ass.

"I'm not an ugly ass." Joshua comments.

Oops.

He looks at Violet and smiles. "Hi I'm-"

"Joshua Beckham Welsh. Year twelve, 18 years old, loves pranks, got suspended 2 times, got rid of 3 teachers and the son of James Hughes and Elena Welsh." Violet recites. "Everybody knows who you are." She adds

My eyes widen and I drop my phone. He's the son of James Hughes! I'm going to spend my Christmas break with this dick?!

The two look at me and the last thing I knew was the shock on Violet's eyes and Joshua running towards me.

******

I open my eyes and look around. I was at the clinic. I sat up and saw Violet running towards me.

"You bitch!" She shout-whispers. "Why the heck did you faint?"

I explained everything to her and the possibilities that I may die, which she laughed at, the she was silent for a moment.

"Well, I just want to say I love you and do your best not to die." She grins then laughs hard. I roll my eyes then got out of the bed. I get my phone from the pocket of my coat and wore it.

We were walking back to class when something popped up into my mind.

"Hey Violet. You did mention Joshua's parents just now. You said Elena Welsh. Who is she? And who is Jaquelyn Hughes?"

Violet is actually one of those girls who knows everything that is going on. I don't think she has ever missed one rumor in her life.

We sat down on a bench at the side of a random classroom and she explained everything.

"Well, Jaquelyn is James' second lover. Elena Welsh was his first love. He loved her with all his heart. After college, they found out Elena was pregnant with Josh. They couldn't get married yet because Elena's parents didn't want them to get married as James didn't have a stable job at the time. Long story short, Elena gave birth to Josh unmarried so, Josh's surname came from his mother."

I look at her shocked at the same time amused. How the fuck did she know all of this? I was about to about to ask how she knew all of this but she continued talking.

"Two years later, Elena was diagnosed with leukaemia. She thought of giving her child to James because she knew that he would treat Josh better than her parents. She went to James' house then that was when she found out that James had married Jaquelyn. For the first week, the three had a great relationship but a month later Elena died."

A tear escaped Violet's eye and I wiped it. "Why are you crying?"

I was concerned and confused.

She smiles sadly and wipe her eyes. "It's something I'll tell you tomorrow. My place?"

I nod and we walked back to our next class.