Chapter Seven: Apology

I chased Joshua and we actually reached the playground. We ran around and around until Joshua finally forfeit.

"Stop!" He shouts, slowing down his pace but I had better ideas for him. I jumped onto his back and we both fell on the grassy soil. I strangled him and finally got my diary. I sigh in relief and put it in my bag. I stand up and smirk.

Josh was still panting like he ran from Europe to Australia.

"Sorry... Amira... are you the Flash because damn, you run fast."

I got his ear and twisted it.

"Ow ow ow ow ow. It is painful. Please stop Amira please stop. I'm begging you."

I let go and laughed. "You looked like a dog having seizure." I continued laughing and shake my head.

"I'm gonna go." I said.

I open my phone to see a message from Violet and 3 missed calls from dad.

Violet: Heyy Mira. I gotta cancel our plans for tonight. Something came up. Call you later. Love yah.

I then tried calling dad. After a few rings, he answered the phone.

"Hey dad. Why'd you call?"

"Oh Pumpkin. Stay at Violets place first. I need to take care of your mother here in the hospital. Apparently, your mom had a panic attack because memories of her abduction flooded her mind."

"What?! How is she? Oh, also, I can't stay at Violet's."

"She's fine don't worry. And, ohh. We went to a different hospital because the doctors in our local hospital didn't have a remedy for you mom so we were sent to another hospital. It's like 3 hours away. Wait, did you say you can't stay at Violet's"

I nod the and remembered he actually can't see me. "Yeah. Where will I stay? You can't leave me alone in the house. What if he comes to-"

"He won't." Dad cuts me off and talks sternly. "I'll call James to pick you up at seven. Just take you things and your uniform because we'll be back in the evening tomorrow. Hopefully."

Before I could say anything, he cuts me again.

"Bye Pumpkin. Stay safe."

Then the line went dead.

*****

I packed a pyjama, under garments, and my personal hygiene kit. I folded my uniform and put it in a paper bag. My stuff were in a small duffle bag and I went downstairs. I opened the fridge to get snack bars and a can of apple juice for my midnight snack.

I have this thing when I am at someone else's house. When I'm not used to my surrounding, I wake up at midnight and I feel like I haven't eaten for years.

I put the food in my bag and got into the car.

10 minutes after the call, Mr. Hughes came and picked me and Josh up from school. He dropped me by my house to get some things I will need and here I am going back to the car. The ride was awkward and I was a bit scared that maybe he'll know I punched Joshua on the face. At least I had a good reason to do it.

Mr. Hughes started the car and off we go.

The first minute was silent when Mr. Hughes finally spoke.

"So? Amira. Did your father already inform you about his business trip with our team building?"

I nod. I was sitting on the passenger seat since Josh was already sitting in the back seat. At first, I didn't want to sit beside Josh but when I was about to slide into the car, Mr. Hughes offered me to sit in front.