Chapter Five: I Guess We Are Both Wild

I was awoken by the sunlight through my window and I yawned and stretch at the same time. I look at the time and sat straight. My eyes widen at the time

6:47 am.

I ran to the bathroom and did my things. I washed my face, brushed my hair and teeth, wore my uniform and left a note on the fridge.

I was on my way out when I forgot my books on my drawer. I ran back upstairs and took all my books and notebooks and stuffed it into my bag. I went to the fridge and got an apple. I ran to our backyard to get my BMX bicycle. I unlock the chains and put them in my bag. I rode to school while eating my apple and in ten minutes, I reached school then got down from my bike and locked the chain to my bike. I look at the time and it was already 6:55 am.

My first class starts at 7 so I ran to the classroom and when I reached the room, Mr. Anderson raised an eyebrow.  I was never late. Like ever. This is my first time being late. And tardy.

"Ms. Collins. I would've let you go with a warning but you are 5 minutes late and your shirt is not tucked in tidy and your coat is missing."

I smacked my head. I forgot my coat.

"Thirty minutes detention after school."

He then give me a piece of paper and once my back was against him, I rolled my eyes. It's not like I chose to sleep at 11. Mom forgotten to take her pills so it meant me and dad had to calm her down. Apparently, she calmed down around 11:30. I was exhausted.

I sat in my usual seat and texted dad to bring my coat to school as soon as he read this.

*****

It's finally lunch. At last my favorite subject. If it does count as a subject. But I do so, yeah.

I wait for Violet so we can talk about my mom's return and Adam.

I smiled when I saw someone sit in front of me but my smile fade when I see who it was.

"Go away Welsh."

"Ouch." He fakes a pout and puts his hand on his chest. "Calling me from my surname. Just call me Josh. It won't kill. Try it."

I gave him and angry face and started eating my lunch. A Nutella sandwich and lasagne which dad had brought me when he gave me my coat. I finish my lunch and stare intensely at Joshua and stood up.

"Bye, Welsh."

I put my food in my bag and walked away.

"Wait up!" He calls.

I kept walking but after a few seconds he was already beside me. "Come on Collins. Notice me."

I look over his shoulder pretending he was invisible. "Gosh I'm hearing things."

I opened my locker and put my books in. My eyes widen when I saw my diary in my bag. I must have accidentally put it in there this morning. I leave it inside my bag and took out my English textbook.

I closed my locker and as I was going to walk away, Joshua did the extremely most stupidest thing in the world.

He pulled me from my shoulder and started kissing me

On the lips.

At first, I was paralyzed. I didn't know what to do. Why is he freaking kissing me. He stole my first kiss! After I came back to reality, I pushed him and glared at him.

Wow, I realized he looked like Dylan Sprouse.

Too bad he isn't him. So I did the first thing on my mind.

I punched his face, so hard, that his head turned to his right and when he faced me, there was a big red mark on his left cheek. I wasn't a fan of violence and I can't believe I'm saying this but...

Good for him.

He stared at me in shock. Doesn't he know the rule 'don't mess with a girl' rule?

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I could literally feel his gaze hot on my back. I didn't know where I was heading to but then I reached the playground. I sat on a swing and sighed. I stared at my bag which was at the stand of the swing. I wiped my lips with my hand.

Disgusting. How on Earth will I spend Christmas with that dick?!

I stand up and paced around. I was  so stressed that I got a stone from the ground and started throwing them.

"I hate you! I'll never forgive you for what you did!" I screamed. I was furious. Then someone cleared his throat and when I turned around I saw our school's very own bad boy.

Cole Dawson.

"What do you want?" I ask childishly and crossing my hands. I wasn't in the mood to talk to someone other than Violet or Millie.

"Nice mood there." He says sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and uncrossed my hands.

"I repeat. What do you want."

He shrugs. "I just saw everything just now."

My eyes widen at his statement. He saw everything?

"Everything?"

"Everything"

My hand clenched in fury. If I see that Joshua Welsh one  more time, I'll slit his dick and stuff it in his throat and-

"Woah woah woah. I never knew you
had a wild mind. I guess we're both wild." He winks.

I blushed when I realized I said that out loud. And boy, he had a one of a kind dirty mind. Enough embarrassments. I got my bag and went to my next subject. I decided to DM Violet that I'll go over to her house after detention. I also told dad that I was going straight at Violet's and I would text him to pick me up.

I sat down and stared at the wall clock. I was 10 fucking minutes early. I put my head in my head and sighed.

What have I done?

A few seconds later, Mr. Martinez enters the room.

"Ms. Collins. You're early. Do you need anything?"

I smiled and shook my head. Mr. Martinez is my favorite teacher. He understand and listens to all of my rants when Violet is not available.

"Actually yes. I need advice." I walked and sat at the front row of the class. There were no students yet. They will arrive in around 7 more minutes.

"What is it Amira?"

I summarize my story and unintentionally told about Joshua.

"Well, you are very lucky because if this man didn't kidnap your mother, she would've been dead. And about Mr. Welsh. Everyone know about his pranks and stupidity."

I laughed at his words. He is a straight forward guys at some times. This is why he knows about me.

"Anyway, he does a lot of jokes and nonsense but this is the first time he has ever shown love towards someone."

I raised an eyebrow and scoffed. "How is that love?"

As I asked that question, the room started filling up with students. As I was going back to my seat, Mr. Martinez held my shoulder.

"Amell-Amira. To your question before, the answer is because he doesn't know how to control his feelings. He never had anyone to talk to. I know his feeling because I know who he is. Our parents used to be good friends but they had a fight over a company thing and their friendship ended. Joshua never really had real friends. Maybe, just maybe. Give him a chance."

I smiled and sat on my chair thinking about everything Mr. Martinez said.

Joshua never really had real friends.