Chapter Eight: Run Away

I think I'm dying! Oh my gosh I can't breathe properly. I tried to move my body but it was no use. Was I dead? No. I can't be. I open my eyes and it was pitch black. I turn to my right to turn the lamp on and when it was on, I turned around and gasped at what was in front of me as I woke up.

It was Josh.

I am currently laying on my chest and the reason why I couldn't breathe properly was because of Joshua's arm which was slinged across my back. I tried to lift his arm from my back but it was hard. I was still too sleepy to push him.

When I managed to lift his arm a bit, he pulled me closer and I let out a quiet yelp. Our faces were just millimetres away. I figured it was time to wake him up.

"Hey, Josh."

No response.

"Josh!"

I rolled my eyes and pushed him. And since he was at the edge of the bed, he fell down.

"Oww!!"

I held in my laughter and sat properly.

He looks over the bed and glares at me. "Why'd you do that?"

I smiled innocently. "You were killing me dear. And if I didn't push you, I would die of suffocation. Could you bear another hottie dying"

He rolls his eyes but chuckles and walks toward the clock. He mutters something like too early in the morning and lays down on bed again.

I look at the time and it read 3:56 a.m. Okay he was right about it being early. I got my phone and there were five notifications. All of them were from Millie.

Millehhh:

Amira, I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

Millehhh:

I'm sorry. Don't get mad at me please.

Millehhh:

I'll call you when you are available.

Millehhh:

Amira run. Run away!

I stared at the messages with wide eyes. My hand were trembling when I saw the last message. My eyes were watery and they were threatening to fall.

Millehhh:

Run away Amellia. Before I can get you and your mother again.

My heart literally stopped at that moment. I thought he was dead. He is after me but how about Millie. Was she okay? How about my parents? Where could they be?

"Hey Collins. Shut up would you. You sound like you're crying."

He sits up then realizes that he was right. I was sobbing and I did the first thing on my mind.

"I'm going." I stated.

I packed my bag and hung it over my shoulder. Before I could leave, Josh stands in front of the door with his arms crossed.

"Amira. What on Earth entered your mind? Was it something I did?"

I didn't know why but anger was rushing through my veins. "Maybe it is maybe it isn't. But either way I'm leaving."

Now, I was being stubborn. I just want him to stop.

I tried to step around but he moved again. Okay now he's really getting into my nerves.

I raise a brow and put my hands on my waist. "You know what? Just get out of my way and forget everything that happened. Especially my existence. Forget that I ever existed in this world."

I pushed him away and got out of the door. I ran towards the outside then out of the house. The farther I went, the more I realized I was actually falling for Josh.

"Amira!"

I just kept running and running.

"Amira!"

I didn't know where I was going but we had to leave. I couldn't bear losing one of my parent. Or both. I loved them with all my heart and losing them will just enlarge the hole in my heart left by my sister.

"Amira!"

I just kept running and running.

After minutes of running, I managed to lose Josh and I was heading to my house. Outside was dad's car and I ran towards the house out of breath.

My legs hurt.

My eyes burn.

My heart is broken.

I unlock the door and inside was mom and dad who seems to just get back from the hospital. How on Earth am I gonna tell mom that Brandon was actually alive!

"Amira. You're home early. A bit too early. And oh my gosh what happened to you?" Mom says as she nears me. We hugged and I let out some more sobs because of fear.

We sat in the living room for what felt like ages and when I finally calmed down, I looked at mom.

"Mom, I need to talk to dad. It's just important."

Mom looks at me one more time and I nod. She exits the living room and hopefully went to the masters bedroom. When I hear the door shut, I look at dad vulnerable as possible.

"Dad."

He frowns and sits beside me.

"What is it Pumpkin? Is it something Josh did? Because I can call James now."

I shake my head vigorously. "No dad. But I wish it was that simple."

"What do you mean Pumpkin. What's going on in that head of yours?"

I take deep breaths and showed dad my phone. When he reads the messages, the color from his face drains and he looks at me scared for life. He breaks my phone at an instant and I flinched at his actions.

I know why.

"Pack your bag. We're going to need help from the goverment."

I went to my room and packed some of my things. I saw a picture of me, Violet and Millie from sixth grade. I removed the picture from its frame and glued it inside my diary. I got my things and when I went downstairs, mom and dad were already packed. I was suspecting mom was already aware of what was happening because I could see her tear stained eyes.

She tried to hide them but it was no use. I could still see it. The fear. The sadness.

We went out and locked the door. We got into the car and went to seek help.

I hope this would end soon.