Chapter Three: Night Of Secrets

I stared at her like she took my heart out of my body with only a scalpel. I could feel my beating vigorously. I wish the ground would open up and swallow me alive right now. How did she know the name Amellia Collins. The name I have been hiding for 4 years.

"H-how did you know about her."

Violet scrunches her eyebrows and looked at us like she had no clue. Well, she didn't.

Milliene clears her throat and speaks again. "Who is Amelia Collins. Does she have any relation with you?"

Was this it? Will I be leaving a country I learned to love. Will I be leaving my friends here and forget about them? Should I lie or should I tell the truth?

Why does my life have to be so complicated?!

"She-she is my sister. My dead twin sister." I whispered.

Violet gasps and Millie stays quiet.

I could see Millie's eyes full of tears and I knew exactly what this meant.

"Your sister killed my mother."

I then threw my phone and I could see it broken as I started to tear up as well. "She didn't!" I screamed. Luckily Violet's parents weren't home. I sighed and wiped my tears. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

Violet comforts the two of us and I could see fear and anger in Millie's eyes. I could also see guilt. Millie was this strong girl. Independent and smart. Her mother was a beautiful woman. We've only seen her in pictures but that was enough to see her personality. Her father was furious after Melanie's death. It was all because of one car accident.

Millie sits up straight and continues. "My mother was loving. The best mother a daughter could ever wish for. Unfortunately, she died in a car crash because of a underage driver with her mother. I was actually in that car."

So was I Millie. So was I.

She raises her shirt and reveals a huge scar on her stomach. "This is why I don't wear crop tops and why I denied the offer of Greenwoood Academy as Head Cheerleader. I was so insecure. At the age of 10, I needed therapy. A very young age for someone to be blaming themselves." She was now sobbing. I feel bad for her. I wish I could tell her the truth but I can't. For the sake of my father's safety. For our safety.

"I stopped therapy at the age of 14. I kept it a secret from you two because I thought if you found out I was taking therapy, you would think I was crazy and leave me."

"Millie. I'm sorry but you don't need to blame yourself." Blame me. It's my fucking fault. "It's not your fault."

She blows her nose and wipes her tears then throws the tissue in the trash bin at the foot of the bed.

"I know. It still hurts. I'm sorry for saying your sister killed my mother. You lost a twin and a mother."

If my twin was still with us, she'd definitely kill me.

We hugged each other and I felt like the luckiest person in the world. I thought she would hate me after this. Well, she would if I told her the truth. But my heart broke when I realized something. She knew. And that only means one thing.

I'm leaving America.

********

After watching 3 movies and eating up all the pop corn and chocolates, it was finally time to sleep but then something popped up into my mind.

"Hey Violet. What did you mean yesterday when we talked about Josh." I asked.

Violets sighs and this night was a night of secrets. Many secrets were told and kept. "I just found out last month that Joshua is..." Violet stares at the floor and inhales sharply.