Chapter 3

Only thing is...

The bed wasn't empty...

Right there, In front of my eyes...sat someone....back turned towards me with medical attire on. By the looks of it this must be a patient of the hospital...

But why just one...

All the other beds situated around the room were completely vacant except for the one on the far left were the one sole patient of the establishment sat. Despite the squeaking sound produced by the door when I entered, the patient hasn't moved a inch or even acknowledged my arrival. No movement or sounds escaped the individual as I sucked in a sharp breath.

Why is it just sitting there...

All my previous attempts to steady my heartbeat went out the door as my heart rate climbed again, with that I was beginning to shake and sweat tremendously. Why isn't it attacking me...
Call me paranoid but my gut told me this situation wouldn't end well. Hesitantly, I shifted my hand behind me and reached for the doorknob. I'm just going to leave before it gets the jump on me. I wriggled the doorknob frantically, panic beginning to seep in as I tried to unjam the door.

This is bad...

The door's locked....

I tried to open the door from behind me, not daring to turn my back on whoever it is that's just sitting over there. A few seconds passed and no improvement was made. My attempts to open the door became more frantic and rushed with my palms growing more and more sweaty.

"Urrrgggghhh.......this place is going to make me go towards the creepy hospital patient isn't it...." I thought as I began to frantically wiggle the doorknob with the thought that maybe it would unjam if I did this action. I could feel my stress levels climbing with each passing second as my breathing became uneven. If I didn't be careful, I could have a stroke of panic attack in my current state.

I glanced down at the doorknob behind me in a attempt to open it once more before redirecting my attention back towards the hospital bed.

Me....

A perfect replica of me...

Every detail was accurate...

I stood frozen in both uncertainty and fear. Never before have I actually seen myself in a nightmare until right now. The silence seemed to go on forever until it spoke in the same vocal as I.

"Run "

"Wha-?..." I wanted to ask in a shaky voice but only to be cut short when a blast of air suddenly pushed my out the previously locked door, throwing me harshly against the wall of the corridor. A sharp pain shot through my body, the feeling of my ribcage possibly being fractured crossing my mind as I cradled my side in an attempt to lessen the pain and somehow limit the damage.

As on cue, a inhuman screech erupted from the end of the corridor. A dark smudge crawling its way closer towards my form.

That's all the motivation I need to start running.

I ran

And ran

Down the dimly lit corridor with no victory, the screeching only drawing closer and closer towards me despite the speed I was going.

I couldn't outrun it.

No matter how much I tried...

I ran without the thought of looking back until I caught sight of something move in front of me, making me want to turn around despite how stupid that would be.