Chapter 29

"Awake"

The almost inaudible whisper passed my ear quicker than I had time to register what was spoken. My eyes doubled in size as I frantically scanned the surrounding area for the origin of the voice that infiltrated my eardrums.

Nobody

Whoever spoke a few seconds ago vanished into thin air without a trace. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out I started hallucinating all of this.

But I know what I heard

It doesn't mean they weren't there just because I can't find the source.....something had to speak...

But what did it mean....

After a few more minutes of searching for the source that proved to be fruitless, I exhaled a exaggerated sigh before returning to my previous spot by the dusty bookshelves.

That whisper completely destroyed my train of thought...

I continued to stare absentmindedly at the book labeled "Persona" that sat on the wooden bookshelf in front of me. I've been so preoccupied with locating the owner of the voice that I completely forgot everything I was doing previously.

Though now was the wrong time to develop short term memory loss.

The more I zoned in on the book, the more the small paper sticking out from between the discoloured pages caught my attention.

How the hell did I not notice this earlier....

But to be fair, something was breathing down my neck a few minutes ago so the fact that I got sidetracked wasn't entirely my fault.

My gaze remained fixated on the stray paper as I reached for the book. This whole thing was probably a set up but there was something weird about this book....like I've seen it before...

Wasting no further time examining the exterior, my hands frantically paged through the worn out paper to try and get to the small gap caused by the note inside. I tried tipping the book to let it simply fall out but apparently this person glued it inside. Whether it was to spite me or just a safety precaution to ensure it doesn't fall out, that I don't know. Quite frankly I couldn't care less if I accidentally tore the pages of Namjoon's book or got a paper cut.

I just need to know what was in it

"What are you doing?..." A deep voice suddenly boomed from behind me, making me jump at the close proximity. On reflex I spun around to try and slap whoever it was with the book in my hand. The book was heavy enough to leave a dent in someone's skull...that'll teach them to creep up on me...

I glanced up at the individual who abruptly invaded my personal, my hand still in the air and clutching the antique book tightly.

Taehyung

My wrist stopped midair as his steel like grip made me drop the book to the ground. Once he saw the shocked look on my face, his whole demeanor changed in record time. Quickly, he squatted down to retrieve the book I dropped and hastily handed it back to me.

I almost slapped the crap outta him...

And I'm not even as happy about it as I thought I'd be...

Had this been a few days ago, I would have threw him in front of a oncoming bus and wouldn't have batted a eyelash... But I feel slightly..... Happy?.....that I didn't strike him...

Whatever Voodoo he did on me must have worked...

I stood there awkwardly, my heart still beating erratically as I rubbed my wrist. It didn't hurt, but the shock made me subconsciously reach for it.