Chapter 23

"ARMY !!!! you ready!!??"

My eyes shot open to scan the surroundings, taking in every detail as I did a full sweep of the area and confirmed that this wasn't my couch.

I failed to recognize any of the surroundings no matter how much I tried to look for anything familiar that could lead me out of this place.

Nothing

It was blatantly obvious this was some sort of concert. Between the huge open stage and the crowd, it was safe to assume that. The cheering of the audience around me increased the more the individual onstage spoke. No matter how much I twisted and bent my body, I was still unable to see the stage in front. The dull light provided by the moon served no purpose.

There might as well be no moon.

Blinding spotlights shone on the stage, yet they didn't help me identify the performers. Between the dull lighting and the bodies of the people present here, it was basically impossible for me to see without going closer towards the stage.

I had to go closer whether I like it or not.

A voice boomed through the large speakers on the sides of the stage, the cheering of the crowd increasing as the individual spoke. They must really like him...

"The next song is dedicated to someone special to me..." A familiar voice boomed through the speakers, making the volume of the already loud cheering increase even more.

I know this voice.

I pushed my way through the crowd, earning a few grunts and comments from the people I so rudely shoved aside. All their complaints were the last concern on my mind, right now I just needed to locate the owner of that voice.

My sights locked on the stage, catching sight of the two individuals, one of which being Taehyung.

But who's the guy next to him?...

"You heard him, the next track's for someone special" The guy next to Taehyung spoke, his words causing cheers and squeals to erupt from the audience. It was evident he was really popular amongst the people here. They would probably still scream their lungs out at just the mere sight of him.

Not that I blame them though

I redirected my attention towards Taehyung, waiting for him to speak. A part of me was curious about what he had to say with regards to the previous statement.

Who could he be talking about...

Certainly not me...

We don't even know each other..

Taehyung began to sing, his voice deeper than the ocean as he hit every note with such precision it put most of our professional singers to shame. My eyes widened to the point where they could pop straight out of my skull. I never knew he could sing, nor did I know he could sound this good while doing it. I always thought he was nothing more than a pretty face, not that I think so...I'm speaking in the perspective of others.... I just didn't expect him to have a actual talent.

Their voices were so different yet it sounded perfect when they performed. The amount of skill they had certainly surprised me. I could listen to the two of them for hours.

I was truly bewitched.

His eyes never left mine the whole song. Even though there were hundreds of people here, it felt like it really was only the two of us. It sent shivers down my spine, and not the good kind. For some reason my gut told me to leave before I get caught up in something I might regret.