Chapter 9

"Just play along...it's watching us..." He whispered into my ear, turning his face slightly to obstruct anyone from knowing what he told me.

I was paralyzed in fear.

What did he mean?

I just stared at him with wide eyes, unable to understand what he meant. He pulled back from my side slowly, still keeping that stupid content smile on his face.

What the hell is wrong with this guy...

"Ohhh....the two of you lovebirds remember that we are still in the room" my mother said, wiggling her arched eyebrows suggestively, a repulsive smirk present on her lips.

Hell no ...

I shifted around in my seat, now even more uncomfortable than before. This place is honestly going to make me sick. My real mother would never say that. Hell....she wouldn't even let a guy get within 5 feet of me...

This only earned a laugh from the guy next to me. I looked over to him and gave him a cold stare, hoping he would understand my threat.

He better hope I don't get my hands on that umbrella again...

I redirected my attention back to my plate in front of me. I wasn't in the mood to eat and I certainly didn't need this stress right now. Just because my heartbeat wasn't frantic, doesn't mean I'm in the clear.

"I'm going to the lounge for a bit..." I spoke as I got up. This could be the perfect opportunity to to snoop around and see if I can find anything that could help me. I looked at everyone's expressions and they all seemed to be somewhat expectant of this situation.

"Very well dear....I'll go with you, I've been meaning to watch some TV" my father spoke as he got up and left towards the lounge without saying another word. A road bump in my perfect plan..

I'll just deal with him there...

I thought as I took a step to leave the dinning room, only to have the a force grab my wrist. I looked back at the owner and it was the boy again.

What was his problem...

"Why don't you sit here for a bit...I'm sure dad won't mind if I steal you for a minute." He spoke, his grip on my wrist growing with each word that left his mouth.

He's not going to let up.

"Dad" may not mind but I do...

I thought as I just sat down beside him again. It was better not to fight him right now.

I'd be wasting my energy

I just sat there awkwardly. Nobody said anything as the two of them continued to eat in silence.

"Well...I'll do the dishes while the two of you sit in the lounge with your father (Y/n)." My mother spoke as she collected the plates and placed them in the sink. Humming a tune as she poured water and dish washer into the sink. The whole vibe she gave me was ominous and that humming didn't help. It only motivated me to get out of there.

I got up, not even waiting for the guy next to me and walked straight towards the lounge. The corridor itself was longer and was now filled with antique paintings. I didn't pay much mind to it until I passed one that made me turn back to look at it.

The painting was just a black blob on the canvas. There was nothing there.

What?...

I thought as I squinted and leaned closer to the picture, trying to see if there was anything I missed.

I leaned closer and closer subconsciously.

Still nothing.

Closer...

Closer...

And it almost looked like the blob was starting to shift.

Closer...

I can't tell for sure but it looked like it was coming out of the painting and reaching for me...

"You need to stop leaving me behind , I thought you would wait for me ~" the boy sang from behind me, his attempts at startling me being successful.

This shit again...

I turned back and looked the guy straight in his face. Irritation taking over my whole expression. I'm sure everyone else would consider his perfectly carved face to be a dream but I know better than to judge a book by it's cover. Under that handsome face could be a serial killer.

"I know I'm handsome but you don't have to stare at me like that" he spoke again, irking on my last nerve. It appears he can't tell the difference between a stare and a death glare since all he did was wink after his statement.

"Yeah...no....I'll just go to the living room now..." I replied, a little irritated at his comment but I didn't have the energy or willpower to fight back right now. I'm gonna save it for the bit were I have to run for my life that is inevitability drawing closer with every minute that passes in here.

"The artwork here is really captures a person doesn't it..."
He suddenly said, looking at the painting I was previously staring at. The dim light only adding to the already tense and eerie atmosphere. It however seemed to highlight his face and enhance his already breathtaking features.

Huh?...

What did he mean...

He probably means means it as in interest right?...

I hope he does....

If not then I came really close to getting my head chopped off.

"Why am I even listening to him..." I questioned myself mentally as I emptied the thoughts out of my head and continued to walk towards the living room.

"Wait! Wanna go to the amusement park with me...they have new rides..." He spoke as his face lit up like a child, his box smile now boldly on display.

No

Is what I wanted to say but a part of me held it back. It's like my throat refused to let the words out.

"Nn-no..." I managed to mumble out as I began to speed walk towards the lounge, leaving the boy with a disappointed frown on his face .

A giant part of me instantly regretted walking further.