Chapter 22

It was like two or three in the morning and all I've been doing the entire night is tossing and turning. I couldn't find peace to fall asleep. I felt trapped and tense. I could only think and think. I can't control anything that happens in my life anymore in fact I feel like my life isn't mine anymore.
"Babe?" I was startled by Dominik who woke up.
"What?" I asked.
"Can you not sleep?" He asked.
"Why would you say that?" I asked.
"Because you keep tossing and turning and you're breathing hard." He whispered.
"I-I am?" I stuttered.
"Yeah." He said. I decided not to answer and stay still. I jumped when he wrapped his arms around me. I was shaking and I couldn't stop. I felt terrified and unhappy. I felt my eyes get glossy, it wasn't long until I began to cry. Dominik let go of me and turned the lamp on.
"Babe? Babe." He turned me to him and lifted me up to his chest. I only began to cry harder. I wanted Cole to be comforting me not him.
"Baby? Why are you crying?" He asked.
"I-" I couldn't find the words to talk, I only felt like crying until I couldn't anymore.
"Shh. It's okay. Everything is going to be okay." He cooed, holding me tighter.

...

I woke up feeling like crap. I walked into the shower and began to think again. I was thrown out of my thoughts when I heard the door to the bathroom open.
"You failed." I stayed quiet because I was debating if I should be angry at him for being in here when I'm showering or be angry because he's telling me that I failed and being a dick about it.
"First of all get out! Second of all I didn't have a choice!" I yelled. He only chuckled and walked out. I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in my robe. I walked into my bedroom to find him, leaning on the wall with his arms folded, just waiting for me.
"Aren't you worried that Dominik might come in here?" I asked.
"No because he's not here." He said.
"How do you know that?" I asked.
"I just know." He said, walking up to me. "Pack your stuff and leave." He demanded.
"What?" I asked.
"You heard me. He isn't here and no one can stop you." He said. My eyes were glued to the floor.
"I'm scared." I said.
"Don't be. I'll protect you and if you go through with it you'll see your son again and be with him." He said. I looked into his eyes.
"Okay but let me see your face." I said.
"When we're finished packing your stuff I'll show you." I sighed and got my luggage out. I began to pack but he got impatient and began to get everything out fast.
"You know what I'm going to get dressed and you pack it for me because it looks like I'm going to slow for you." I said folding my arms.
"Sorry but we don't have all the time in the world. But sure get dressed I'll have this done before you." I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom to get dressed.
I walked out of the bathroom to see him on his phone. Everything was packed up and ready to go.
"Finally. Let's get going." He said.
"Wait let me see your face." I demanded.
"When we get home, okay?" I rolled my eyes.
"Fine." I said.

...

The car ride was quiet. Part of me felt like this is wrong and the other part of me felt like I was free and probably going to be happy.
"You're going to be just fine, you know?" He said.
"I hope." I replied. Everything went quiet again but the only thing different was feeling his hand climb over mind and held it tight. A particular feeling rushed through my body. I looked over to him and looked down to his hand holding mine.
We pulled up to a beautiful home, he turned the car off and let go of my hand. He came to my side and opened the door like a gentleman.
He took my luggage and invited me inside.
"Follow me." He said, pulling me upstairs. We went into a room where there was a crib. My heart began to beat fast. It was him. My little boy; Jason. I bent down and picked him up carefully. "Hi baby. It's me, it's your mommy." I said with a dry throat and glossy eyes.
"He missed you." He said.
"It would be more logical to be angry at you for keeping my son from me this long but I'm grateful because you took good care of him. Thank you." I said. He gave me a one sided smirk then looked at Jason.
"Here." He took Jason from my arms and put him back in his crib. He slowly took his mask off. My heart stopped. I fell down to my knees and broke down crying. "Hey it's okay. Come here." He pulled me in his arms and held me tight.
"Why didn't you tell me? Why?" I asked, sobbing in his shoulder.
"Because I was making sure I played my cards right." He replied.
"How did I not recognize you?" I asked.
"Because I have green eyes not blue. I'm wearing contacts. Also I changed my voice and gave it a British accent to go with it. I didn't want you to know it was me." He said.
"Cole? I saw you get shot and die. How are you alive?" I asked.
"I'm a cop. Do you think I would be unprotected? I had a vest on and my old partner came in and helped me and your son get away." He explained.
"Why did you come back to me like this?" I asked.
"To gather evidence against the prick." He said.
"How did you do that?" I asked.
"I have cameras all over his house. I've been watching everything. I have proof that he has sexually, mentally, and physically assaulted you. His life is about to turn around. He's going to be in jail for a while. Don't worry I had a warrant so it was legal." He said. "Now you should get some rest. I'll order dinner in like an hour." He kissed my forehead and walked out. I turned to Jason and held him again. "I'll let you out of my sight again. I promise." I whispered.

Update! 😅 Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I hope you can tell that the end is near... 🙃 Thank you for reading! 😃