Chapter 23

Cole and I were watching a movie in the living room eating snacks and popcorn. My head rested on his shoulder making me feel sleepy. It wasn't long till I fell asleep. For once I felt normal and safe again.

Cole's POV....

I watched Scarlett slowly fall asleep on my shoulder. I smirked and silently chuckled at what I'm looking at. She is truly the most precious jewel I have. I was completely thrown out of my own thoughts when I heard my phone ring. Scarlett jumped and woke up.
"What happened?" She asked.
I only chuckled, "Nothing just go upstairs and go to bed sleeping beauty." I said stroking her hair and placing a piece behind her ear.
"You aren't coming? It's late." She said.
"I know but I have to answer this before I go. I'll meet you up there." I said.
"Alright then." She said. She gave me a kiss then went upstairs. I immediately answered the phone.
"Alright you son of a bitch where the fuck did you get this number?!" I said gritting my teeth.
"I have my contacts." He replied. "I'm going to make this easy for you. Bring me my wife back or else I'll get her myself and kill her." He said.
"You won't. You're just bluffing so then I could hand her over. News flash Dominik Levy she loves me not you! Get that through your thick skull you will not have her ever again!" I hung up and tried to calm myself down before I throw something at a wall and wake someone.
"Cole? Who was that?" Scarlett asked, coming down the stairs, she wrapped her arms around me from behind.
"Sky." I turned around and held her back. "I thought I told you to go to bed." I said.
"I'm sorry..I heard you on the phone." I took a deep breath.
"Did you." I said.
"Yeah. Sorry I was just curious." She said blushing.
"It's alright." I said.
"He's coming for me isn't he?" She said trying to look brave. But I know that she's scared and nervous.
"No." I said.
"I heard everything." She said. "Don't try to hide it." She pressed her lips together and looked down.
I cupped her chin and made her look at me. "Babe, he won't get his hands on you I promise. He'll be behind bars before he can touch a hair on your body." I said reassuring her. The last thing I wanted was for her to feel scared and unsafe. "I will handle this. Go to bed." I said, kissing her forehead. She walked back upstairs. I sat down on the couch and dialed my old partner's number.
"Hey." I said.
"Yo what's up?" He asked.
"Dominik he's a problem again." I said.
He chuckled, "When is he never? Why isn't he in jail? You have all of the evidence and I'm your witness." He said.
"Well I was planning to do it yesterday but instead I took Scarlett home with me so I didn't." I explained.
"Oh I see. Well what do you need my help for?" He asked.
"We are going to take him down in about an hour." I said.
"We?" He asked.
"Are you in or not? I can do it by myself if you wan-" he cut me off.
"Naw I got your back bro." He said.
"Okay meet me at the police station in about an hour then." I said.
"Roger that." He said with a light chuckle. I hung up and snuck out of the house. I pulled out of the parking lot and headed to the police station.

...

"Cole? Are you sure you want to do this?" Grayson asked putting on his vest.
"Yes I'm tired of him. He needs to be taken care of or else something will happen to Scarlett or her son. I told her I would protect her." I said loading my gun.
"But is killing him the right way? There are other ways to protect the woman you love and her son." He said.
"I know but I want to be sure." I replied.
"Okay I'm with you." He said putting his hand on my shoulder.
"Thanks. Let's get going." I said.

Scarlett's POV...

I woke to the sound of Jason crying. I turned around to see that Cole's side of the bed was completely empty and cold. I got up and went into Jason's room. I picked him up and began to rock him slowly. "Shh, shh, shh. It's alright calm down baby mommy is here. Shh." Soon Jason went back to sleep. I put him down the walked downstairs. The kitchen light was on. When I went to the kitchen my heart stopped. Dominik was leaning on the counter cleaning a big kitchen knife. My eyes widened and I felt so scared but I couldn't move. My legs were jelly and my body was completely frozen.
"Hello my beautiful wife." He said pulling his attention way from the knife onto me.
"I'm not your wife. I've never been your wife and I never will." I said.
"You were supposed to but things got in the way. So if nothing was in the way you would be my wife and our son would have his parents together living happily ever after!" He yelled getting closer with the knife in his hand. The knife gave me a feeling of anxiety. I felt like her was going to use it on me.
"You know that I wouldn't be happy if I was in that situation." I whispered.
"Sky remember that day when you actually loved me? How did that fade away so quickly? It was all Cole wasn't it. Tell me if he's threatening you. I'll kill him just tell me." His eyes darkened up. His hand took a grip on my upper arm making me feel like I was about to breakdown and have a panic attack.
"Dominik let go. He's not threatening me with anything I simply love him and he loves me." I said beginning to shake. His grip on me got tighter to the point where it hurt. "Dominik let go you're hurting me." I said.
"You don't love him Scarlett." He said trying to look right through me.
"I do." I said. He let go and wrapped his arms around me; giving me a hug. I didn't hug him back, everything felt awkward until I felt a sharp pain in my gut. All the air was sucked out of me. I couldn't make a sound, I fell to the floor and curled up in a ball. Dominik bent down to the floor and stroked my cheek with his knuckles. "I'm sorry Sky but if I can't have you then neither can Cole." He kissed my forehead and left upstairs. I knew what he wanted I tried to crawl but I couldn't. I hissed in pain and groaned on the floor trying to stop Dominik but there was no point.
Dominik came back downstairs holding Jason. My eyes began to get glossy because I know that he's going to walk out the door with him.
"Sky don't worry. I'll take good care of him." He said giving me a devilish smirk and walking away. I screamed and cried. This again over and over there is no end to this. My vision blurred and darkness was what I saw. I don't know if I'll survive.

Cole's POV...

"He's not here!" I yelled throwing a glass at the wall.
"Hey calm down. Where can he be at 3 am?" Grayson asked.
"I don't know." I said.
"I say we try this again another time and actually plan it out." He said.
"Okay you're right." I said.
As we walked outside three guys came out of no where and started to fight us. One of them hit Grayson in the head hard making him fall on the floor. The other two dealt with me. One was holding my arms behind my back from behind me and bent me down to my knees by a fountain. The other guy grabbed my hair and began to drown me in the water.
"Cole.." I heard Grayson in the background sounding like he's struggling to get up. "Get off of him you son of a bitches!" He yelled. I was no longer in the water I was pulled up. I saw the other on he ground bleeding from his head. The other guys didn't let go of my but turned me around so that he could see Grayson.
"Grayson run and go check on Scarlett I feel the need of knowing she's safe please go!" I said trying to get out of this guy's grip.
"And leave you here with this guy?" He asked getting his bat ready.
"Please." I said. He gave me an unsure look but went anyway.
"Alright you son of a bitch." I elbowed him in the gut and made sure he landed in the fountain. I took out my handcuffs and handcuffed him in the water. I lead him to the car and took him to the police station. He was locked up. My phone began to ring. It was Grayson.
"Hey. Is everything o-" he cut me off.
"Get to the hospital now!" He said.
"What why?" I asked.
"I'm sending Scarlett there. Hurry up." He said.
"I don't understand. What happened to her!" I asked.
"She was stabbed I the gut." My heart stopped. I got in the car and drove to the hospital as fast as I could.

...

"Where is she? Where is Scarlett?" I asked looking around for her eagerly.
"They took her to the emergency room because she may have a chance to be saved." Grayson said.
"Chance to be saved? What the hell is that supposed to mean?!" I asked.
"When I arrived she wasn't breathing."

Update! Yay! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it took ages but I've been really busy lately 😅 anyway I'll try to update quickly but can't make any promises. The story will continue! 😃 Talk to you all later! 😁