chapter seventeen

"Can we train after I get home, Y/n? I wanna learn the teleportation jutsu!" "Uh, I think you're a little too young..."I looked at 'Junya.' "How old are you, again?" I asked.

"I thought you'd know by now, Y/n! I'm seven." She said. "I learned it when I was ten. Wait a little bit and then I'll show you." I said. "Fine!" She barked.

This didn't feel right... Junya.... Junya...

"Thanks, Y/n! See you later!" Junya said, running off to the Academy doors. I watched as well with other parents as my little sister waited for the doors to open.

"Y/n." I turned around.

"Shikamaru?" I asked. "I knew you'd be here. You weren't at home and neither was Junya, so I knew you'd taken her to school."

Shikamaru... Shikamaru... why does it feel so weird...?

I walked over to him, shoulder to shoulder.

"You want to go train today, Y/n?" He asked. "Sure..." I said, unsure of what to do. Life just felt so... off. Like... too good to be true.

"Shikamaru, how long have we been friends?" I asked. "Huh? Are you braindead?" He asked, looking at my face. But I wasn't laughing or smiling, so he took it seriously. "Um, if you really can't remember. We're been friends ever since you moved here when you were five, started the Academy, been friends ever since, including Choji. And you're sixteen now, so that makes it eleven years." Five years old? That's kind of young... It didn't feel...

"Friends? Are we... best friends?" I asked. "Well, yeah. You could say that." He smiled as he put his hands behind his head, like how Naruto always did.

I looked over at Shikamaru once more. "Shikamaru..." An image flashed in my head.

Sister dead. Parents dead. Hana tried to kill him. Hana dead.

"Shikamaru!" I yelped suddenly.

"Huh? Are you okay, Y/n? You're kind of being troublesome right now..." He asked. "You're... not real..." I muttered. "What?" "You're... not real."

"You're nothing to me."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

"You're being a drag, Y/n."

"I'll always watch you from wherever I'm going, Y/n."

///

I opened my eyes, something was unraveling me.

I looked over my shoulder, I saw Shikamaru and Choji and Ino being unraveling, as well as several other shinobi.

What the hell happened?

The dream replayed in my head. Mom, Dad, Hana, Junya...

All of them dead.

Yamato, Shikamaru...

The only two alive.

I looked over at Shikamaru. He looked at me.

"What... what happened when I passed out?" I asked. He was breathing heavily.

"Was that a dream?" He asked. "I think so..."

"What did you dream?" He asked me. "My parents, my sister, my younger sister..." "You have another sister?" He asked. "I wish. Hana killed her." His face turned into fury.

"Why has she ruined your life so much?!" He asked angrily. "Calm down. She was young, so I didn't know her much."

"What happened, Shikamaru?" I asked. "The Infinite Tsukuyomi activated. It worked but it seems... we're back to reality."