chapter nineteen

The sun glaring in my eye had woken me up, causing me to flutter my eyes open. The room was a bit chilly yet my body felt very warm. My head pounded majorly, trying to remember the events of last night.

"I've just been so tired with the baby..."

Oh, that's right. Me and Shikamaru met up with Kurenai to get an energy drink since we had worked so long all day. But after that?

"Wait, Y/n, don't drink-!"

I drank the energy drink Kurenai gave me. But why did Shikamaru tell me not to drink it?

"Ah, Shikamaru, stop, this isn't..."

A scene of Shikamaru kissing my neck flooded into my mind, causing me to become a tomato. No, no, what happened after that? What the hell happened last night...?

"You going to say anything now?"

No, no... I was drunk, he was drunk...

"I love you, Y/n."

He... did say that, didn't he. My heart thumped and beat harshly against my chest as I remembered everything from the previous night.

"I love you too, Shikamaru."

I looked down, seeing somebody's arm around my bare naked body. I carefully picked his arm up and removed it off of me, turning around to see Shikamaru's body cuddled up next to my own. His chest had a defined six-pack and it was rare to see him when his hair was down. I realized how long I was staring before I decided to sit up.

I couldn't let him know what happened last night, that would ruin our relationship and it make things weird between us. I can't believe I let that happen, why didn't I stay away from him?

I got out of the bed, scrambling for Shikamaru's clothes. Good thing Shikamaru was a heavy sleeper, because I had to get him dressed while staying asleep. But I didn't know how long he'd stay up, so I scrambled for his pants, boxers, and black long sleeve shirt. I carefully pulled the clothes over his body, a red flush over my face. I felt like I was dressing a kid.

After dressing him, I dressed myself and rushed out of the house, deciding to go help with the responsibilities that me and Shikamaru overtook. I'd have to avoid him as much as possible.

As I jumped across the roofs of the apartments and buildings, I decided to make a pit-stop at Kurenai's house, telling her the sake got mixed up with the energy drinks she made for us.

Knocking at her door made me nervous. Would she find out that me and Shikamaru drank the sake? I began to sweat as I nervously waited for the woman to answer the door.

The door swung open slowly, revealing the black-haired woman once again. "Oh, hello Y/n!" She said cheerfully. I plastered a nervous smile, realizing I didn't even bring back the bottles she supplied the sake in.

"Uh, sorry for bothering you alone, I'm sure you're busy, Miss Kurenai, but I just wanted to say, um," I scratched my head. "The energy drinks you gave us yesterday seemed to have been switched with sake." Her eyes widened as I explained. She looked backwards into her kitchen on a shelf containing a bunch of drinks. A canteen similar looking to the ones she gave me and Shikamaru rested upon it.

"Oh! I must've mixed them up, I'm so sorry!" She turned back to me, an apologetic look spread across her face. She then suddenly smirked.

"Did Shikamaru drink it?" "Y-yes." "I bet he was way off, huh? Tell him I apologize, I'm sorry about this whole incident. I'll get you the real energy drink." She hurried away and brought me back the canteen with the energy drink.