Thirteen

September, 2025

        Seattle, Washington

By the Time his band finally got off the road from their most recent tour, Duff was beyond exhausted, but he was happier than he'd been in a long Time. He'd celebrated his twenty-eighth anniversary with his wife back in August, but that wasn't the only Light in his Life, so to speak. Things with Aerin'd been going pretty good, too, even though they weren't really able to see each other much after the tour kicked off back in the Spring. Luckily, she was more than understanding, considering she'd heard countless stories of the Times Bobby and Ash'd been on tour, not to mention the former'd been on tour when they first met.

        The few Times that the tour brought him close enough to Nashville to manage it, he'd essentially run away to hide at their place for anywhere from a Day to three. It just depended on how many Days he'd off between shows, but they were mostly two-to-four Days apart again. After all, Slash'd been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy Years ago from all the drinking and drugging back in the Day, and they were all getting older.

        After spending a week at home with Susan once the tour Ended, the blonde bassist'd decided he wanted to see his would-be girlfriend again. Said wife'd actually decided she wanted to pay the Dalls a visit, too, if only 'cuz she'd become decently good friends with them in her own right and adored their now three-Year-old twins. It was almost like Zep and Zeph were her own when she was around them, as if she were either a second mother or a kinda grandmother to them. None of them tried to truly put a label on it, if only 'cuz Aerin hated when people did that kinda shit, especially to kids. Her take on it was that if they wanted to call the blonde woman Mama Sue or even Grama, that was between the three of them, and she was staying outta it.

        Upon arriving at BFI in Seattle–the airport that was almost like a second home to him, he took flightsta various Cities and countries so oft–Duff was just glad to get them checked in and through security. He was looking forward to getting to relax, whether it was on a plane or once he was back on the ground in Nashville. Course, as terrified of flying as he usually was–even when he didn't show it–he knew he prolly wouldn't get to relax much till they were on the ground again, but that was okay.

Nashville, Tenn

Once on the ground again at BNA, Duff was definitely able to relax more than he had ever since getting up around three that Morn to head to BFI. He was glad to've had his wife at his side, 'cuz having Susan's presence was one reason why his panic disorder hadn't acted up quite as bad as when he was alone. She was his Calm before and after the Storm, no matter what kinda Storm cropped up in his Life–figurative or literal–as much as he was her rock to rest on.

        The couple was quick to collect their luggage and head off to find a rental car–or whatever was available to be rented, that is. Both were just happy that they knew their way around Nashville just enough to get them to the Dalls' house without getting lost, barring any detours or anything. It meant they didn't have to call either of the couple for a pickup, which gave them the opportunity to surprise them when they flew down.

        "I'm just ready to get there so we can relax," the blonde bassist chuckled as they settled in said rental at last.

        "I know the feeling, love, and I'm not even the one who just got off the road," Susan laughed as he fired up the Silverado they'd been stuck with.

        "Thank God I can handle driving this thing, as lil as ya know I typically get along with a V-8," he said with a grin.

        "If that isn't the Truth, I dunno what is," his wife agreed, shooting him a grin of her own.