Chapter Four

I looked outside as the rain poured down heavily, the sound soothing yet commanding my ass to stay indoors.

"So.. no beach?" I sighed and looked at Juno with a head shake. "That's fine. I kinda want to stay insides anyways. Don't you have work or whatever?" Why was she rushing me? I watched as she smiled innocently, her hands folded behind her back, rocking on her toes. Hm.

"Yeah... I can take you to nana's house-"

"No it's fine, I'm a big girl." She said, her head shaking.

She was definitely up to something. But before I could delve into it, I heard a honk outside. "Well, that's my ride." I grabbed my backpack and pulled it on, then catching the black beanie she tossed at me. "Don't do anything stupid, June."

"I won't, now go."

I hummed suspiciously but pulled my door open and closed it, then jogged down the stairs and outside where it was pouring. But that was the least of my problems. Parked on the sidewalk was the pink haired driver, her wide smile sending a nervous shiver down my spine. "Where's my brother?" I asked as I walked out into the rain.

"I told him to stay at the warehouse and I'd pick you up." She then motioned back to the car. "And our conversation was kind of cut off with you risking your life by jumping onto a moving vehicle so.. I'm gonna show you my love of cars."

"Should I be scared?" I questioned as she rounded the car and slid into the drivers seat with a bounce. I followed suit.

"No, this is only a two forty SX." She started the car and pulled the visor down, and, of course, grabbing a tootsie pop from the little slot before sliding off the paper. I watched blatantly as she licked the circumference of it unknowingly before wrapping her lips around it. And.. it stirred something in me, I wasn't going to lie. When she turned and said something, I blinked slowly to take myself out of my daze.

"Uh sorry, what'd you-" I cleared my throat when my voice cracked. "What'd you say?" I repeated and she grinned before placing her hand on the stick shift.

"I said 'put on your seat belt.' Safety first." I nodded and quickly snapped on my seat belt, then leaning back when she put the car into gear and pulled off slowly. "So, is that your sister?" She asked. I looked at her in confusion. "There was a girl looking out of the window."

"Who? Oh, no." I shook my head. "Daughter." Her eyebrows shot up and I chuckled. "My girlfriend had a baby before we were together but um.. she passed, so I took the parental rights."

"Oh.. I'm sorry." I nodded softly and looked out of the window. It was silent for a moment before she spoke up again. "Makes sense, you don't look like the type to carry a baby."

"Oh no, never." I said, shaking my head. "Not like it would be possible."

"What do you mean?" She questioned as we pulled up to a red light.

"I'm intersex." Realization dawned over her face, her eyes widening. "Female on top but I uh.. kept everything down there."

"Oh.. wow." She breathed out and that smile returned to her lips as she pulled the lollipop out. "So like, are you packing?"

I snorted and shrugged softly when she 'innocently' looked down towards my pants. "I think I'm okay." Her eyes met mine again.

"You know," She pointed at me with the candy. "The ones who are the most humble usually carry the monsters."

"Oh is that true?" I questioned and she nodded slowly. "You must get around." I joked and she giggled before looking back ahead when the light turned green.