Chapter Three

"Bad boys bad boys, whatcha gon do? Whatcha gon do when they come for you- bad boys, bad boys."

I sung the song quietly to myself to keep myself from losing my damn mind. I don't know how long I've been in this damn room. All I know was that my wrists were starting to hurt and staring up made the back of my head start to throb in pain.

Telling from the darkness in the window, I could tell it was either midnight or somewhere in the early morning. Either way, I was starving. All I had yesterday was half a granola bar and about four cups of coffee.

When I heard the doorknob jiggle, I pulled out of my thoughts and raised my head to see it slowly opening. "Don't worry, I'm not here to kick your ass." My eyebrows furrowed when an unfamiliar brunette walked in, quietly closing the door behind her and cutting on the light. Once she saw me, she gasped and rushed forward. "Those assholes left you like.."

After I was sat up, I felt a wave of dizziness hit me from laying for so long. "Thank you." I mumbled, watched her undo the ropes on my hands.

"No problem-" Without waiting a second, as soon as I was free I shot up with the rope and pulled it around her neck. She gasped and leaned back into my hold. "Y/n-"

"Walk me out of here now." I rasped out into her ear and she gasped for air.

"I.. can't." She choked out and my eyebrows furrowed. "I walk, I die." I slowly loosened the rope and she fell forward, holding her neck as she caught her breath.

I threw the rope onto the floor and walked to the door, trying to open it. "Give me the key." I hissed out and she shook her head. "Do you want to die?"

"No. And that's why I can't give you the key." I watched as she grabbed a backpack and pulled out a bag. "But I can give you food?" It could be poisoned. This could all be a trick to take me out easily. I wasn't going for it.

She handed me the bag and I took it. Then, I turned it upside down and dropped the contents onto the floor. Her eyes watched my foot stepped on the burger and crush it under my shoe. "Keep your goddamn food." I said before walking to the window. I didn't care how hungry I was, I wouldn't take shit from these assholes.

"What's your name?" She asked softly and I ignored her while trying to push the window. "My names Cindy." I stopped for a brief moment.

Cindy? Did I know a Cindy?

Asshole. I'm Cindy, nice to meet you Don. Nice watch.. you gotta be quicker than that.

My eyes flicked side to side rapidly as flashes of something like a movie went through my head and I suddenly couldn't even control my own balance.

"Hey woah." Before I hit the ground, I fell into a pair of arms and was slowly lowered back onto to her chair. The brunette kneeled in front of me, concern but relief in her eyes. "Where are you from?" She whispered and her tone was suddenly like she was on a mission. "Where are you from? What state were you born in?"

"I-" I grabbed my head as I felt a searing headache brew. "I don't know-"

"You do know. Listen to your own voice.. where were you born, Y/n?" I squeezed my eyes shut and saw an ocean, waves, pizzas being cooked in an oven. "You have to remember because I can't tell you."

"Shh, please just.." I dropped my head, the headache growing.

"What do you see, Y/n?" I saw the faces of two older people, laughing and sitting at a table as we all ate.. pasta? And a boy. Who was the boy? "What do you see, Y/n? Do you see them? Do you hear them?"

Come on, say it's fugazi you little mascalzona!

You're both rascals. Not sit down and-