Chapter Twenty

"Open." I gave Cindy a look as she held a spoon to my mouth, a teasing smile on her lips when I refused to. "Open."

"I'm not a chi- hmph." Mid sentence she shoved the spoon into my mouth and I huffed, accepting the... amazingly good pudding- holy shit. I licked my lips before opening my mouth again for more and she snorted but obliged, giving me another spoon.

I was in the hospital after being stitched up, maybe about ten or so hours later. Funnily enough, I was discharged whenever I saw fit. I guess they didn't take suicide attempts serious here..

They simply fed me some pills, had a therapist remind me why living was important for thirty minutes, then Kumbya, I guess I was healed. It was kinda sad.

"Okay Pais is on her way." Juno said, walking back into the room with a sigh. "She packed clothes and stuff- are you feeding her?" I frowned when she snatched the pudding cup from Cindy and shoved it in my hands. "You aren't two. You did this, feed yourself."

So, she was still mad.

Cindy casted a look at me and stood up but I grabbed her hand with a frown. "Just talk." She whispered.

"She's gonna put poison in my IV.. Cindy-" I huffed when she pulled her hand away and walked out of the room, throwing a reassuring smile over her shoulder. Fuck me.. My eyes moved back to Juno and she was sitting on a chair, scrolling down her phone. Okay.. here goes. "June, can we-"

"No." She shut down, not looking up. "Just eat your pudding."

I groaned under my breathe before raising up and walking over to her, sitting at the chair. "Juno, look at me." Her eyes slowly raised. "I'm sorry, okay? I made bad calls but I did it from the goodness of my heart." She snorted and rolled her eyes. "I did. Everything I was doing was for you.. Recently I've made enemies that would've been killed me if I didn't have Santiago's protection, but who's to say they wouldn't go for you?"

"And you couldn't have called and told me that? You had to ignore me for that reason??" I dropped my head when she raised up, venom in her tongue. "This isn't Charlie's Angels, no ones tapping your damn phone. You just got lost in the power."

I nodded softly before looking back up as she crossed her arms. "Even if you deep down were doing it for me, you still put me on the back burner for days just to hang out with some girl who looks like she's my age. The old Y/n would never."

"She wouldn't." I said in agreement with a nod. "So give me the chance to get back to her.. okay?" I reached forward and she let me grab her hand, my fingers wrapped around hers. "I'm done, okay? I swear the old me or the fucking Don, whatever; she's gone."

Her eyes wavered but she nodded, holding my hand back. "You can't leave me too, okay? You're the only family I have left since Stef just went.. I don't know, ghost."

I nodded before sitting forward and pulling her into a hug, my arms going over her shoulders while she gripped the shirt on my back. "I'm not leaving you. That was stupid what I tried to do.. never again."

"Good, that would look horrible for my reputation." I pulled back slightly and looked up to see Santin walking through the doors, his guard next to him. "My right hand found dead by suicide.." He shook his head. "Yikes."

"Santiago-"

He held his hand up. "I just need you to be in your best clothing and at my house in thirty, okay? We've got a very big deal to close. You may be getting a second Devoura nightclub. Isn't that exciting?" He clapped once before turning around and starting to walk out.

Usually I'd just nod.. but I couldn't, especially not with Juno in front of me. "Santiago, I can't." He stopped in his tracks. "I need to spend some time with my family, it's taxing on my health."