Chapter Eight

Because itsthatgoodshii asked nicely

-

I knew I should've walked away at that. Let it go and just bury it but I just had to peak over and push the knife in deeper. I watched as they kissed passionately. A hell of a lot more passionate than we've ever kissed.

Instantly, I knew what I was. A toy. When she was bored and wasn't with Martin, she had me. Her got damn chew toy.

I clutched the roses in my hands before spinning around and rushing down the stairs. "Y/n?" I ignored Stef and stepped outside quickly, all while I fumbled with my Marlboro carton. I haven't had a smoke in a few days but fuck it.

I lit the cigarette and pushed it between my lips before I inhaled deeply, letting the smoke soak up all the anger I felt, then letting it release as I exhaled.

I couldn't be mad at the fact that she was with Martin. We for damn sure wasn't official. But I was pissed that she dragged me along, calling shit dates and- I huffed out smoke and took in a longer hit, the cigarette now damn near gone.

What I wasn't was a home wrecker. Sure, I fucked wives occasionally but that's because their home wasn't built in the first place. This 'I'm still your girl' shit seemed like it was her doing. She was fucking up... fucking up with me. Nah. I wasn't gonna let that shit slide.

"You look like an angry bull." I raised my eyes and set them on Flower who skipped towards me. "Why're you smoking so angrily huh?" She poked my stomach and looked up, smiling. "Do I have to cut someone?"

"No." I looked down at the roses and an idea suddenly made itself apparent in my head. "I got these for you." I held them up and she smiled widely.

"Awe for me?" She grabbed them and took a long whiff. "You shouldn't have." Pulling me into a hug, she pressed a kiss to me cheek. "Thank you, magic." 

"You're welcome, Flower." I threw the smoked cigarette onto the ground and stomped it before nodding to the side. "Let's go it,  freezing my nads off out here."

We both walked in and as soon as I saw Cindy and Martin walking down the stairs, I scoffed. I wasn't going to make a scene. It wasn't worth my time. I was just going to get my money and focus solely on being professional.

Once we sat down on the couch, Flower tried to sit next to me but I grabbed her waist and pulled her to sit in my lap. "Guys, look what Y/n got me, aren't they just the cutest?" Everyone looked in our direction as she held the flowers to her chest. Cindy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction.

I slid my arms around her waist and pecked her cheek before leaning back. She chose to play with the wrong one.. because I was no damn toy.

-

I sat outside in the dark, my headlights off and my fifth cigarette between my lips. All day Cindy tried to talk to me but I brushed it off. I had to see for myself. I just had to.

When I heard a motorcycle from down the street, I leaned down down and saw the black Harley pull into the driveway. Who else owned a Harley like that? Yep.

And when he pulled off his helmet, I shook my head with a bitter chuckle. Living with a girl friend.. right. He walked to the door and I saw Cindy open it, smiling before pulling him in for a kiss. This was some fucking bullshit.

I could feel the anger boiling up in my again so took another drag.

Then, I got a message.

Cindy: Can we please talk? I'm confused on why you've been standoffish