Chapter Thirteen

Proceed with Caution.

"Please, do not do anything stupid." I said to June as I fixed her jacket, standing in the line to where her flight would be taking off. "Nana will be waiting for you at three fifteen. I do not want any bad calls."

"Okay, I won't. I actually promise because Los Angeles wore me out, I want my own bed." I smiled and pulled her into a hug while pressing a kiss to her forehead. "After this one, you're done?"

"Yep. And I'll have enough to celebrate your birthday ten times if you want. Make a list of everywhere you want to go and we're going." Her eyes widened. "And that's a goddamn promise."

"I want to go to Magic Mountain." I cringed and she pouted. "Pleaseeee? I know you're not a big fan of roller coasters but it looks so fuuun."

"Okay." I cut off and pulled back with a smile. "I'll bare that demonic shit for you."

"Last call for New Jersey."

I looked up with a sigh before pulling June into a hug again. "Be safe, I'll be back in five days. If I'm not.. break my computer." I joked and she giggled before pushing me back and starting to the terminal. I watched with a frown, not liking her riding on a flight by herself at all. But, it was Juno. If there's one thing she was, it was a one badass girl. "I love you!" I called out and she looked over her shoulder.

Normally she'd grimace or ignore me but this time she smiled. "I love you too." Then she walked in and was gone.

"She'll be fine." I felt Flower wrap her arms around my waist, her head on my back. "Come on, we're gonna miss our flight."

Sighing heavily, I nodded before letting our fingers interwind as we walked away from this terminal to ours.

Today was the day we headed from Los Angeles California to Venice Italy, somewhere I've wanted to go for quite some time now. The first day (luckily) would be us settling in. The second day was the heist. The third day we were suppose to head back to Jersey but I booked Flower and I to stay a little longer to get some sort of private time. Why not do it in the country we both felt connected to in a way.

After we boarded and put up our bags, I dropped onto the seat with a huff. "How long is this flight again?" I asked Martin as he passed by, sitting behind us.

"About sixteen hours." I groaned but nodded and immediately grabbed the blanket from the little holder.

"Hi, welcome." I looked up as the stewardess stopped in front of us. "These are your pajamas for the flight. Can I interest you both in any champagne or any beverages at the moment?" Thank God for first class, huh?

"I'll take a glass of red wine, any kind is fine." She looked at me and I shook my head while covering a yawn. "And one water. That'll be all."

"Okay, I'll be right back with the wine, miss." As she walked off briskly, I grabbed my own water bottle and untwisted the cap.

When Flower saw what I pulled out, she gave me a look. "What? I am not about to be up bored for sixteen hours talking to you." She scowled and I winked before tossing the tab into my mouth and washing it down with my water. "Nighty night." I said while reclining my seat.

"Asshole." She mumbled playfully and I puckered my lips, eyes still closed since I knew she couldn't resist it. And like I thought, she huffed but pressed a kiss to my lips. "You're lucky I love you." She said and I smiled as my heart fluttered a little bit, I wasn't even going to lie.

Before the flight could even take off, I felt a wave of drowsiness hit me and I didn't even try to hold back from it. I just road the wave out.

-