Chapter Five

I woke up at four and looked over to see Nicole still sound asleep, luckily. Rolling out of the bed, I quietly pulled on all black and left my badge and gun in the drawer in case she got curious.

I decided to leave a quick written note for her and told her to I was going for a run along the beach. I was known to have random early workout days so I knew she wouldn't suspect a thing.

"Hi Lindsey, I called to tell you I didn't have any dreams last night surprisingly but I did keep thinking this place over and over. It was Ocean City-"

"Y/n." I stopped when I suddenly heard a males voice. "This is Paul Kirk, I'm the new therapist. Lindsey resigned."

"What?" I mumbled as I started my car but didn't pull out of the driveway. "She resigned? Do you know why?"

"I don't, sorry. But I am here to talk with you about whatever you need. Whenever." The sound of his voice gave me bad vibes and I honestly didn't want to talk any more. So I hung up.

I was just talking with Lindsey the other day, why would she suddenly resign not even twenty four hours later? Weird.

Once I reached the address I was given, I cautiously parked and climbed out, heading for this death trap looking place. Again, I wondered, what the hell was I doing?

As soon as I stepped in, a hand touched my shoulder and I flinched slightly, only to see Flower smiling softly. "I have to check you." I nodded and rested my hands on my head while she patted me down.

She ran hands over my chest, down my sides, patting my waist, but then she moved a little too far down and I felt her hand cup something she wasn't suppose to. "Hey." I jumped slightly and she giggled behind me before leaning down and continuing to pat my legs. This girl..

"Sorry." She said coyly, not sounding the slightest bit apologetic. I gave her a look as she rounded to my front and pointed at my shirt. "Lift it." My head tilted at the mischief dancing in her eyes. "Checking for a wire." I hummed sarcastically before pulling my shirt over my head and watching her eyes widen slightly. "Oh my God.. you're so much more ripped." She mumbled to herself but before I could even question it, I saw Cindy round the corner, huffing.

"Flower I said you can't frisk her." I looked at the girl as I pulled my shirt back on.

"Whoops." Flower smirked and skipped off while Cindy shook her head.

"Sorry about that. I'm sure you'll understand her more after we finish talking. Come on." I nodded and followed her through the piled up, abandoned junkyard. "How'd you get to be an agent?" She suddenly asked.

I looked over at her but she let her eyes forward. "Well after a head injury, I got amnesia and didn't know anything about my prior life. I spent weeks in a hospital which is where I met my wife.. she was already a detective." She nodded softly. "So she helped me go to college and was very adamant on having me join the bureau with her but I was hesitant."

"What made your mind change?" She continued to question and I wondered if she had another agenda. But, I answered anyways.

"I shadowed her one day on the job and saw how cool it was. Taking down bad guys? I loved it.. love it." I corrected and she hummed before pointing forward at a shack looking place. "Is this where your crew meet?"

"No." She pushed open the door and I saw Flower, Ross, and another girl I haven't met in there. "It's where we go to get away from Martin."

I slowly walked in and the girl looked up, eyes almost immediately watering. "Y/n." She whispered and I staggered back at the force of her hug. Who the hell..