Chapter Seven

"So... you're going on a date?" I looked back at Juno and gave her a look. "That's what this seems like."

"It's not a date." I responded before grabbing my timberlands and pulling them on. "I'm just.. showing her around South Jersey, she thinking about moving down here so.."

Juno hummed sarcastically as she flipped through some magazine. "Right. Showing Cindy around your neighborhood, spending the day together, probably eating at dads pizza parlor to maybe watch the game... totally not a date." I rolled my eyes before grabbing my black jersey and pulling it on, then topping that with my Jersey Devils windbreaker.

First of all, it wasn't a date. Cindy and I have just been.. casually hanging out more. It wasn't anything serious.. I don't think. We had to be low key since the Flower incident which led us to having more downtown. It started with just casually texting one another, calling. Then it transitioned into 'shop with me' and then 'get some lunch with me' until we were here today. It wasn't a date.

"Listen," I turned to her as I grabbed my matching beanie. "She doesn't know two things about hockey and today's a big game.. she just wants to experience it."

"Gotcha." She looked up with a smirk. "Definitely not a date."

"You know what." I grabbed the magazine and smacked her in the head with it before I grabbed my car key and pulled on my beanie. "Stay inside. If you wanna go to Nana's, call her and she'll come."

"Got it. Have fun on your date, tell Cindy I said hi!" I simply flipped her off as I jogged down the stairs and slid into my car before following the directions Cindy gave me.

You know what, Juno was wrong, this couldn't be a date. We were in a crew together, thieves, burglars, bad people in society's eyes. Being together would complicate things. Say.. we didn't work out. Then what? How would we work together after knowing each other as more than partners? It would be terrible.

First it would throw off the dynamic of the group, then it would mess up our hits since the dynamic off. In conclusion, we'd end up getting busted because we were sloppy and off. The end. So no, this couldn't be a date, nor could it ever be a date.

"So... is this a date?" Cindy asked as soon as she climbed in my car. "Because I brought flowers." My jaw dropped, a shocked laugh leaving my lips when she held up a bouquet of roses. "I couldn't tell if you were a daisies type of person but you seem like a traditional gal.. so I went with roses."

"Wow," I snorted and grabbed the bouquet. "How chivalrous of you." She winked and pulled on her seatbelt. "A date huh, is that what this is?"

She looked over at me and gave me a 'duh' look. "Uh yeah duh. I wouldn't dress this nice for just anything." I looked over and saw she was wearing a long sleeved crop top and some ripped-at-the-knee jeans.

"Well in my standards.. this is my dressed up." She looked down and snorted.

"Gray sweats pants and a windbreaker. Fancy." I nodded in agreement as I pulled out. "Wow. And you broke out the timbs?"

"Exactly. I usually just go for my black timbs but since it's a.. date I pulled out the OG's." She hummed with a nodded. "Wait so is this a joke or.. do you really want this to be a date?"

She smirked. "We'll see by the end of it." She finished with a wink and I hummed before facing forward.

Welp... what was I saying?

Oh yeah, this being a date was definitely okay.

-

"Scarr's?" Cindy questioned when I pulled to a stop, parking on the sidewalk. "That's your dads place right?"