part 7

|chapter 7

EDITED

Yerin and her friends got kicked out of school. Sundeok tried to stop her brothers, but they were too stubborn. The principal didn't inform her parents as her brothers told him not to. The principal knew it would be a big problem if he did. It might affect his job, so he did what the boys asked him to.

Sundeok, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin didn't inform their brothers. They knew they would go ballistic, especially Yoongi. His cold-blooded murdering gaze would kill Yerin on the spot.

One week had passed, and Sundeok became friends with the new girl, Seona. She was a kind-hearted girl. But for some reason, Seona hated Jungkook's guts. She got annoyed whenever he was near her. And for Jungkook, Seona was the 1st girl who tried to ignore him, and that made him stick to her like glue just to annoy her.

But who knew their peaceful life would be ruined again?

That day, Jungkook had soccer practice. He went to the school playground early in the morning. Jimin and Taehyung had a maths competition, so they went to the auditorium early. They were forbidden to use smartphones, so they switched them off. Jungkook had kept his phone on silent mode and kept it inside his bag. Seona had to stay home because she was sick.

So, Sundeok went to school alone. She was happily humming to a song, not knowing about the coming storm.

She went inside the school. Everyone in the hallway started to stare at her with expressions of disgust. She gulped. She didn't know what had happened.

What a slut.

How disgusting.

She should go and kill herself.

If I were her, I would have died.

Everyone was whispering things about her. For some reason, she didn't want to go to class. So, she ran to her only safe place, the rooftop. She closed the door.

There, she saw a boy sitting on the floor while leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. She assumed that he was sleeping. She looked at him carefully and recognized him. The new boy who transferred here, Vernon.

She sat down on the floor with a safe distance between them and leaned against the wall.

Vernon wasn't sleeping. He was wide awake. He was just relaxing. He felt her presence and could smell her scent. How could he forget that scent when she sat behind him in class? Her brother was his seatmate, and he had spoken with him a few times. But he never talked to her. He knew what was going to happen to her today.

"Go home," he muttered. His eyes were still closed.

Sundeok looked at him questioningly. She thought she was imagining stuff.

"Did I hear him speak?" she asked herself.

This time Vernon looked at her, startling the poor girl. Her doe eyes were staring at him, full of shock.

Vernon found her cute, but he maintained his poker face.

"Go home." He repeated while standing up.

Sundeok was confused. She also stood up.

"Why?" she asked.

He looked at her eyes directly and sighed. He wanted to tell her, but at the same time, he was afraid. He didn't know why. Her innocent face made it hard for him. He didn't like her nor dislike her, he thought. But those eyes caught his attention.

He didn't say anything and left. He didn't want to get involved in trouble.

Sundeok was confused, but she decided to forget about it. She went to class and found all the students glaring at her. She sat down alone. Vernon was in front of her. He was also alone because Jungkook wasn't there.

Lunchtime

She went to the cafeteria and again found all the students staring at her and whispering things. She got her food tray and decided to go to the rooftop, but before she did, someone tripped her. She fell with the tray, and her knee got bruised. All of them started to laugh.

She was about to yell at the person who tripped her, but someone threw an egg at her head. She was flabbergasted. She slowly touched where she was hit. Suddenly, everyone started to hit her with eggs. She was sitting there, not knowing what to do.

There was a big TV screen in the cafeteria, and it showed something that ruined her entire life. The photos of her naked upper body. It didn't show how she was forcefully naked. It only showed the pictures. Sundeok's lips started to tremble. Her whole body felt numb.

Slut.

How disgusting.

She sells her body.

Those words were like poison daggers. Just then, someone covered her with flour. She didn't do anything. She just sat there, letting them do whatever they wanted. Her heart was aching. No, it was bleeding.

Meanwhile, Jungkook was playing in the playground. Suddenly, he felt his heart pain. He fell on his knees, holding his chest. Everyone stopped what they were doing and rushed over to him.

"Yah, Jungkook-ah. What happened?" one of his friends asked.

"Hey, are you worried about your sister? What can you do? It's not your fault that she's a slut." a student said and smirked.

It made Jungkook's blood boil. He quickly stood up and punched him in the face.

"How dare you?!"

He started to beat the shit out of him. Jungkook's friends tried to stop him.

On the other side, Sundeok was suffering. Everyone was insulting her and were throwing eggs and food at her. That continued until...

"FUCKING STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!" someone yelled from the doorway. Everyone looked at him except Sundeok. She was too numb to look.

Vernon stood there, pissed. He rushed towards Sundeok and covered her with his coat.

"Yah, new student, go and mind your own business." one of the boys said.

"I will if you mind your own fucking business." Vernon said with his low tone.

"What the fuck did you say?!" that boy came in front of him.

"You heard me. I suggest that you stay away from me before you do anything that'll make you regret it in the future." Vernon spat at him.

Vernon turned to Sundeok. The boy scoffed. He turned Vernon around and was about to punch him, but Vernon saw this coming. He dodged his punch and grabbed his hand, twisting it. The boy screamed in pain.

"You'll be kicked out of this school for trying to punch the YK group president's son. And if you don't know who he is, just know that this school belongs to him." Vernon continued twisting his arm.

The boy screamed at the top of his lungs.

"I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!"

Vernon released him and looked at everyone threateningly. It made everyone shoo away. Then he went to Sundeok, who was sitting silently. Vernon carried her in bridal style. Sundeok was not in her senses, and she looked like her soul had left her. He took her to the ladies’ restroom. There were a few girls inside.

"EVERYONE OUT! RIGHT NOW!!" Vernon shouted, making everyone flinch and run out. Vernon went inside and placed her on the counter. He removed his coat from her and grabbed paper towels to clean her.

"Let's clean your hair." He said and made her stand.

Before he touched her hair, she whispered something.

"Why are you helping me?" she asked, looking at the ground.

Vernon chuckled.

"Aren't you supposed to thank me?" he asked.

Sundeok looked at him.

"You saw them, right?" she asked.

"So? pictures can say a thousand words, but it doesn't mean everything they say is right. There's only one truth. Maybe it's what you see, maybe it isn't."

Sundeok just stared at him. She didn't know what to say. She wanted to cry her heart out, but she couldn't. Vernon was still a stranger to her.

"Let's clean your hair, and I'll bring you to the nurse's office. You can change your clothes there."

"I don't have any extra clothes," she mumbled.

"But I do." Vernon smiled.