part 11

|Ch.11

EDITED |

Jungkook woke up early in the morning. He looked to his side to see his twin sister. She was sleeping peacefully.

Jungkook slowly got up, not wanting to wake her up. He went downstairs only to be greeted by his hyungs. Jimin smiled at his younger brother as usual, but he only got a glare in return. Jungkook didn't even glance at his brothers. He directly went to the refrigerator and opened it.

His hyungs were looking at him. Taehyung and Jimin were wearing their uniforms, ready to leave for school. Jin was near the rice cooker. The other three were sitting at the dining table.

Jungkook got two banana milk packs and closed the door. He was about to go upstairs but...

"Kook, aren't you going to school today?" Hoseok asked.

Jungkook scoffed and looked at him.

"I have a sister to look after. She only has me to take care of her since her other brothers don't want to."

His words made their hearts sink. Jungkook turned around to leave.

"Jungkook, that's not what we meant-" Yoongi tried to explain but got cut off.

"I don't care what you meant!! You wanted to send her away!" Jungkook shouted.

The veins on his neck were visible.

"THAT'S FOR HER WELL-BEING!" Yoongi shouted back and stood up.

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!" Jin finally decided to interfere. He came between them.

"Yoongi, I know what you mean, but it won't do any good. Our parents can't take care of her. She won't have anyone to lean on. She needs us right now. She needs our comfort. Our parents can't give it. Jungkook is right."

Yoongi looked down. Jin looked at Jungkook.

"We're sorry. We didn't mean to say that we couldn't take care of her. You know that we'll do anything for her. Let us take care of her too."

Jungkook sighed.

"You won't send her away, right?" Jungkook asked just to make sure.

All of them nodded.

"Okay," Jungkook mumbled and ran upstairs to Sundeok's room.

"We all treat Sundeok like a princess except Jungkook, but today, his love for her wins over us." Namjoon said.

"He loves Sundeok more than anything even though he doesn't show it. We can only see it during a time like this." Taehyung sighed.

Time flew by quickly. It has been two weeks since Sundeok stayed at home. Jungkook had to attend school because of Jin's constant bugging.

Today, Jin decided that it was time for Sundeok to go to school again. First, she protested but eventually had to give up. She was feeling anxious. Nervous. Scared. Embarrassed.

Sundeok, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin entered the school. Everyone started to stare at Sundeok. She hung her head low. She hated the feeling of being under the spotlight. Her brothers glared at everyone who stared at her. No one dared to say anything against her. Taehyung and Jimin had to go to separate classes so they parted away from the younger twins. Jungkook placed his hand over her shoulder.

When they entered the class, Seona ran to them. She hugged Sundeok tightly.

"I was so worried. Are you okay?" she whispered.

Sundeok smiled and nodded. Jungkook was relieved to see Sundeok having a friend. Sundeok sat down with Seona, and Jungkook was sitting in front of them with Vernon.

Vernon didn't look back, although he wanted to ask how she was. He kept a distance from everyone because he didn't want his father to destroy his happiness again.

Sundeok wanted to thank Vernon. She wanted to speak to him privately, but she knew her brothers wouldn't let her go anywhere alone after that incident. So, she wrote a small note. Seona looked at it with a smile.

'Thank you for helping me that day. I want to thank you, but my brothers won't let me meet you privately. So, I'm writing this note to thank you. I won't forget your help. Thanks again.

-Sundeok-'

Just then, their teacher came in and started the class. Sundeok secretly slipped the note onto Vernon's lap from beneath the desk. She didn't want Jungkook to see it because then, he would interrogate her like a cop.

Vernon saw the small note on his lap that came out of nowhere. He furrowed his brows but opened it anyway. A small smile crept on his face after reading it. He hid it inside the pages of his book.

Time skip

It has been a few weeks now, and Sundeok was back to her normal self. Sundeok started to trust Seona a lot. She was like a sister to her. She started having lunch with the Kim siblings in the school cafeteria. Vernon kept his distance as usual.

JIN'S POV

It was night-time. I was in my room, getting ready to sleep.

The school vacation will be starting soon. It's been a long time since we spent some quality time together. The kids will be free, so I should plan something. Like going to Jeju for a vacation? I should discuss this with the others.

The next day, I talked about this with everyone. They were so happy. Sundeok wanted to bring her best friend with us. It was the 1st time she asked for such a request from us. Jungkook was also excited about the idea. His eyes were sparkling at the mention of Sundeok's friend. Strange.

VERNON'S POV

I had to stay at home today because my father asked me to attend a business meeting. This wasn't the first time. I have to prepare to take his CEO position. This is killing me. I hate to be with him. He's only a boss to me.

I prefer to go to school every day because that's the only place where I can be at peace. I miss a specific face too. I don't want to admit it, but her face brings me peace. Her innocent smile is like a heavenly breeze. Although I tried to stay away from her, my heart yearned to see her. I keep her note with me everywhere I go. It had her scent. Kim Sundeok. What are you doing to me? I'm trying my best to stay away from you, but your eyes are attracting me like magnets.

I was at the meeting room, listening to all the shit these men were talking. After the meeting, my father informed me that I should go to Jeju during my vacation for business purposes. I'm tired. He treats me like his dog. Do this, do that.

My mom's another story. She left me with my father. As I heard, she brings men over every night. I don't have anyone in this world. If I get close to someone, my father involves them in business. He did it once, and I lost my best friend. He was poor. My father said it would ruin his reputation, and he did everything to separate us. My best friend didn't let go of my hand no matter what happened, but my father did terrible things to him. I had to stop our friendship to protect him. He was the only one who knew me well. I don't want the same thing to happen. I'm not ready for it. I know that the Kims are powerful, but my father will find a way to use them for business, and I'm not letting that happen.