Chapter #4

Chapter 4- Unedited

Zuri

We proceed to the sitting area where most of the patients gathered. Most of them stop what they are doing when they see my grandmother. It must have been the look in her eyes.

The living room was very modern and colorful. It was very spacious with two big teal couches facing a big flat-screen TV; the walls were grey with about eight colorful abstract paintings.

There was also a long dining table behind the couches just by the window. A few of the other patients were by the dining table playing cards, others were on the couches watching TV. There were ten residents in this nursing home and two nurses.

"Joe, come closer," my grandmother beckoned the old man. Old Joe couldn't hear properly.

As Joe got closer to her, my grandmother said to him, "I need you to summon Uriel."

"Are you sure?" He asked with wide eyes and my grandmother nodded her head yes.

"Mary I couldn't possibly be-" I cut him off since he was reluctant to do it and I just wanted answers.

I closed my eyes and called out, "Uriel! Uriel! Uriel!" I opened my eyes and found my grandmother's friend staring at me with wide eyes.

"Oh, don't look so shocked," we all turned to find Uri standing by the threshold of the sitting room. "You make it look as if I'm a bad person."

He made his way towards me and stood so close to me that our arms were touching, making me suck in a breath. There was a sizzling feeling in my body. I took a step to the side and cleared my throat before addressing my grandmother, "Well, here he is."

It took time before my grandmother pulled herself together and glared at Uri. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Zuri summoned me," he answered, giving me a smoldering look.

"Cut the bullshit, you know what I mean."

"I was sent here, obviously, to protect your granddaughter."

"Sent by who? Last time I checked you were banished from-"

"Do not finish your sentence!" Uri's voice boomed causing me to recoil away from him. He was livid.

"Why?" My grandmother taunted. "I know you lied to my granddaughter, which is why she thinks you're a messenger of God when you are on Lucifer's payroll."

I couldn't take my eyes from Uriel as he stood ready to pounce at my grandmother. This was getting twisted with every minute. The angel of death was after me, and now I find out that a fallen angel had me on his radar. What in God's world did I do wrong? I must have been a murderer in my past life because I don't get why I am here.

Uri snarled at my grandmother and pounced at her, a scream lounged in my throat as I watched my grandmother outstretched her hand and twisted it in the air causing Uri to choke.

"Oh, that's not how it works, demon. You don't get to worm your way into my family," I had never seen my grandmother like this before. My mouth hung open. "So why don't you tell me why you're really here."

"You will find out in time." Uri chocked out before blinding light enveloped him and he disappeared right before my eyes.

I opened and closed my mouth and I was sure I looked like a dying fish. I couldn't bring myself to form words. My grandmother wheeled her chair right in front of me. Her eyes were burning with anger directed at me.

"Don't you ever summon Uriel again," she pressed on. "Are we clear?"

I nodded my head, still unable to talk. "Good, now sit down, we have a lot to talk about."