Chapter #6

Chapter 6- Unedited

Zuri

"Zuri, a word, please." Uriel said, just as I made my way out of the hall. I had practically run out of the room when class was dismissed, only to be stopped at the door.

I turned back and walked towards the desk where he is seated. He doesn't start talking until the other students are out of the room.

"How are you?" He asked, turning to look at me. I stared at him blankly, trying to figure out what he wanted. "I have a proposition for you."

"I'm not sure I know what you mean." I finally spoke.

"It's simple really and I would like to tell you all about it over dinner tonight." He stated confidently

"There is a rule, literally, against the student and professor dinning together." Why was he even here? "And why would I want to have dinner with you when you've lied to me?"

He stood up and came around the table to stand in front of me. "No one has to know about it. Besides, I would like to get to know you better." He came closer to me and trapped me between the desk with his arms.

I could feel my heart beating frantically at his nearness and my hands started sweating. His lips were closer to mine and my eyes darted to them before going back to his darkened eyes.

"What do you say?" His voice was dark, and I felt my stomach clench. I wanted him to kiss me at the same time I can hear my grandmother's voice telling me to stay away from the man.

A throat cleared, causing us to look at the door. I found Beatrice and Samantha; Bea was smirking while Samantha was looking at me with disdain. I heard Uriel let out an irritated sigh before freed me from his cage; I scrambled to get away from him and moved towards the door, avoiding eye contact with Bea.

When I reached the door, I heard Uriel's voice inside my head, 'At least think about it' I halted and turned to look at him, but he was back to reading the papers on his desk and not even looking my way.

"Whoa, spill." Bea demanded, pulling me to a halt when I tried to get away from them.

"We're already late for class, can we go?" I tried to free myself from her, but she was persistent.

"Yeah yeah, I get that, but I want details first," she said waving her hand dismissively.

I let out a long sigh and turned to her. "There is nothing to tell, okay? He just invited me to dinner."

She lets out an excited squeal. "Well, are you going?"

"No, I'm not." I told her firmly. "Can we go now?"

She looked at her wristwatch and sighed. "Okay, fine, but I want all the details later."

We walked the rest of the way in silence. Art history was the only class that I had with both her and Samantha twice a week. When we get to class, it was almost full, and the professor was at the table going through papers. We walked to the second row and took our usual seats. Bea sits in the middle, while I sit on her right and Sam on her left.

There was a two-seat gap between me and the other girl, whose name I don't know. I took out my laptop and books and turned to put my bag on the next seat. But I am startled to find Gedeon sitting next to me.

A scream escaped my mouth before I could stop it, and everyone stopped chatting to stare at me.

I cleared my throat. "Sorry, spider." I avoided the eyes pointed my way.