Chapter #17

Chapter 17 - Unedited

Gedeon

I haven't been this anxious in a long time.

I hated being away from Zuri more than anything, especially since Uriel had become obsessed with her; he wanted to please Lucifer more than anything and nothing will stop him.

I was supposed to be cooped up in a bedroom with her, but no, I was out collecting souls that I could've easily assigned to my lesser demons, all because he wanted me to do the job. I just hoped Viljar could take care of her.

Last night had been one of the best nights of my life. I could almost feel her tight walls squeezing my dick, her soft pants as I drove into her and her gasps as she came. Fuck, I needed to get back to her as soon as I could.

Adjusting my jeans- which were now tight because of my hard on, I looked at Theodore, who was just as surprised as I was by the mess the accident had left.

"Let's get to work, I need to be somewhere else." I said to him, opening my satchel.

My scepter elongated from my palm as I navigated the sea of bodies that were lying on the ground. I could see the ghost of people mulling around; others were trying to wake their bodies, while others looked confused, others were weeping. It was a mess.

"Oh yeah, the madam is waiting," he said, his brown eyes twinkling with amusement. I turned to give him a glare. "Okay, I'm sorry, let's get to it," he chuckled and started collecting souls.

Theo was one of my demons I trusted. If I didn't need him here, I would have trusted him to take care of Zuri. But he was the only one available to help me, and he was the only one I tolerated more than the others.

"Sir please don't take me, I need to go to my husband," the soul of a middle-aged woman begged. I would have said something snide like I normally did, but I was not in the mood for them today.

Without a word, I pointed my scepter at her, and immediately her soul was sucked in. There were about sixty more souls we had to collect. We worked swiftly and fast; I was getting uneasy with every passing hour.

"Well, that was a lot." Theo groaned as he came to stand beside me. I had to agree with him. We haven't collected that many souls in one place in a very long time.

"Let's get going." I said, already teleporting to Hell. When we got there, Lucifer was with Uriel; it took everything in me not to beat Uriel to death.

After Theo and I disposed of the souls to the pit, I turned to leave but was stopped immediately by the prince himself.

"Gedeon a word," he called after me.

Theo turned to me tense, but his entire face sagged with relief when I told him he could go. I turned and made my way to the throne, passing a smirking Uriel. One of these days, I will kill this asshole.

"You need to go somewhere again; there's been another accident." Lucifer ordered, looking bored. He was still in the previous body, which was surprising because the man was never in the same body twice.

"Are you killing these people to keep me busy?" I asked, trying very hard to reign in my annoyance.

He gave me a bored look. "You've been slacking lately, it's like you forgot what your duty is."

I chuckled bitterly. "Every single day you get souls we collect for you and you tell me I've been slacking? Give me another bullshit excuse, just not that one." I told him.

"Watch your tone, Death, or I will turn you to a pile of bones and you will never see that witch of yours again," he threatened, veins popping.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him. He was crazy if he thought him or anyone else would keep me away from Zuri. Not this time, not ever.