Chapter #11

Chapter 11- Unedited

Gedeon

Hell, my favorite place, really.

Unless maybe I'm by her side. Then it became my second most favorite place. What I don't like is being summoned like I'm a lesser demon; I'm the angel of death for shit sakes.

I walked through the long hallway that led to the throne room; I was met with the wailing of lost souls as they fought to be released. Their cries echoed through the walls. I could tell them to give it up because it probably won't happen, but the owner of this place loved hearing them beg.

The smell of the brimstone was prominent on my nose, it used to provide a sting to my eyes but after millenniums you get used to it. The hallway stretched for about thirty feet. It was lit with burning torches and the heat coming from the giant pit of fire in the throne room was bouncing on the walls, providing me with a familiar warmth I've come to love. This is where I belong.

When I got to the throne room, I nodded at the lesser demons who were standing guard by the entrance. This room like the rest of this place had pitch-black walls, and it was dark. The only thing that provided the light was the giant pit of fire in the middle. I passed the giant pit of fire, the heat intensifying, as I made my way to the front, where two nasty arch demons were stationed on both sides of the devil himself. I greeted the ten feet tall demons who had scaly green skin and mouths dripping with green drool. Ugly motherfuckers.

Lucifer was sitting on his tall armchair that was made of gold. It was the lone chair in that bare, plain room. I stood before the three short steps that led up to his throne.

The screams were even louder now that I was closer to them. I never get a headache, but I could feel one starting to form at the base of my neck.

"Well then, if it isn't the failure." Lucifer smirked. Today he had not resorted to looking like one of his demons. He was in someone else's body.

When he was in Hell, he usually resorted to looking like a demon so he can assert fear into all his subjects, but whenever he made his usual run to earth, he took the body of one of the lost souls.

"Nice tattoo." I ignored his jab, complementing the big tattoo on his face. Today he was a bald-headed, muscled man with tattoos that covered his body and face. He was wearing a tuxedo that looked too small for his frame, and his skin was red from the heat. I had to admit, it was impressive.

"Yes, well, I rather like this body," he shrugged before turning serious. "Ready to tell me what the hell happened today?"

I looked towards the pit of fire and looked back at him with a raised brow. How the hell did he expect me to talk when there is so much screaming?

He rolled his eyes and flickered his wrist. Immediately the screaming stopped. "Well?"

"I didn't fail."

"What the hell was that?"

I looked at him thoroughly and realized that he was clueless. "You didn't know about today's attack, didn't you?"

He gave me a blank stare. "You're not answering my question."

It was my turn to smirk, "it seems you're losing control over your subjects, your majesty."

His black irises turned red, and he stood up and advanced towards me. I was impressed by the almost seven-foot frame. He looked like a giant, but he was just an inch taller than me, so I didn't care.

"Don't push me fallen."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, "Look, I had nothing to do with what happened today. One of the lesser demons was responsible for that attack." A very strong one if I may add.