Chapter #8

Chapter 8 - Unedited

Gedeon

I almost came close to losing it last time with Zuri.

It's not like I didn't want to, hell it was the only thing I thought of. But I didn't think she was ready.

It will only take one kiss from me for her to remember everything. I couldn't do that to her just yet. She was still overwhelmed with finding out who she is. I could see it in her eyes.

Mary made a big mistake hiding Zuri's true identity from her. It has left her vulnerable to the supernatural world. She was a very powerful witch, way more powerful than that nursing home combined.

"Hey Devin." A squeaky voice greeted. I looked to the side and found Zuri's friend. Right, I'm Devin.

"Hey sweetie," I gave her a peck on the cheek.

"So what do you think about my friend?" I'd love nothing more than to kiss her that's for sure. Of course, I couldn't tell Beatrice that.

"She's alright. Seems like a good person." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"She is." She conceded. "I have to go organize the party. See you there?"

"Sure, I wouldn't miss it for the world." I kissed her cheek again.

I watched her stride away excitedly. I felt Viljar appear on my side.

"What exactly are you doing?" He asked.

"I dont know." I admitted.

After Zuri and I had a connection last time, things almost got out of hand. I guess I was using the friend to make her forget about our time. She wasn't ready for the past.

"Well, are you going to smash that?" He asked. I whacked him in the chest and sent him a glare. "Hey, I was just asking." He raised his hands in mock surrender.

A few students passed us by the parking lot, giving us sultry smiles.

"Well, hello, ladies." Viljar greeted. They waved and giggled before continuing on their way. "It's time for me to go do what I do best."

I smirked as I watched him go. Being the fallen angel of lust is one of Viljar's favorite things in the world. He was even a better friend than all the other fallen. Sure, I got along with all my siblings, except Uriel, but Viljar was the one I trusted, mostly.

I felt a presence beside me and I didn't have to look to know who it was.

"I see Lucifer is still calling the shots," she pointed out. "What happened to overthrowing, the so-called prince of Hell?"

"Hello to you too, Azrael." I scoffed. "Leave matters of Hell to us. They shouldn't be any of your business."

"When you interfere with my work, it becomes my business." She sneered.

I turned to face her, a smirk plastered on my face. "You're still mad about Edward's soul?"

"What do you think?" She demanded, her black eyes sparkling with anger. "You had no right. He was my soul."

I let out a chuckle, hugging her close. "I'm sorry dear sister, I saw an opportunity and took it. You'll have him back when I'm done with him."

"That's not how it works and you know it." She scoffed.

"Still, I'm sorry." I dropped my arm. "You know I will do everything to protect Zuri."

"You've been lying to her though." She pointed out.