-1- "The Matchmaker"

Wang Yibo, a twenty-one year old student who left his small hometown to study in the big city of Beijing, is once again sitting in front of his notebook and staring at the application form for the partnership site "The Matchmaker".

Again and again he moved the mouse pointer over the registration confirmation. But as in the past six weeks, since Wooseok, one of his best friends and roommates, recommended the site to him, he was unsure whether he should really do it.

Since his two best friends and roommates Seungyoun and Wooseok are a couple, he wishes for someone at his side again. But for a homosexual young man, even in a big city like Beijing it was difficult to find the right partner.

That's why Wooseok recommended "The Matchmaker" to him. Since this partnership portal specializes in gay people looking for a partner.

Of course, as with the most partnership portals, there were contributions from men and women who supposedly found their great love there. But as with the most of these portals, the authenticity of these contributions was quite doubtful.

However, there was also something against the fact that all these contributions are a lie. Namely the registration fee of two thousand yuan. That was a lot of money, especially for a student with a part-time job.

But even those who have a permanent job would not just pay two thousand yuan for any partnership site. So here you could assume that the people searching there were really serious about it.

And Yibo still had exactly two thousand Yuan in his account. He had saved that up and actually wanted to buy a new motorcycle helmet with it.

But now he was sitting in front of this page again and was thinking back and forth what to do. He absolutely wanted to be together with someone again. But would he find such someone in the Internet of all places?

Once again plagued by his uncertainty, he closed the lid of his notebook and concentrated on the learning material in his book. He looked up from his book and glanced at his window and looked out.

"I wonder if he's registered there?" He mumbled softly to himself and then shook his head. "No, he didn't. Why would he register on a site like this? He's probably already found someone."

Wooseok who came into Yibo's room without him noticing, tapped Yibo lightly on the shoulder. "You should log on to the site. Maybe you can find someone and finally forget this guy."

"Who says I want this? I don't want to forget him. I just have to give up my hopes. But I never want to forget him." Yibo replied and stared out the window again.

"How long has it been now? Three years, has it?" Wooseok wanted to know.

"Mn. Almost four years."

"How long were you together Yibo?"

"We weren't together. He helped me even though I was a stranger to him. I was with him for a week until I felt better. Yes, the last night I spent with him, I slept with him. But we had no relationship. He went to South Korea the next day and never came back."

"Do you think he's back in China now?"

"I don't know. Somehow I hope so. But I also have my doubts. And if he had wanted to see me again, he would have looked for me, right? He knew where I lived."

"Maybe it's time to let go of the memories and move on. You can never know what to expect. Log in to the site. And if it's about the registration fee, I'd be happy to give you a little extra." Said Wooseok and left the room because Seungyoun came home from his part-time job.

Yibo opened his notebook again and filled out the registration, he took a deep breath and then clicked Submit. Then he paid the two thousand yuan registration fee and carried out step by step.

After he filled in all the information about himself and then the information about his wishes and desires to his future partner, the site calculated his possible matches.

The calculation took only about one minute, but Yibo found it took infinitely longer. In front of him appeared a series of pictures and the percentage, to how many percent, this person fits to him.

Yibo scrolled down the list of profiles, there were over sixty of them, and laughed. Because according to the calculations, not one of the profiles reached at least fifty percent. The highest hit rate was a profile with forty-seven percent.

Yibo clicked on the profile. He Peng, twenty-three years old, works in a company in the IT department. His hobbies are hunting, motor boats, golf and travel.

The profile picture alone did not appeal to Yibo. But when he read the hobbies, he was absolutely sure. This man is definitely no match for him. So he chose the next profile with at least forty-one percent left.

He looked at the profile picture and closed the profile again without even looking at the other details.

Just as Yibo was about to close the site, his profile picture was released and right after that he received several requests and invitations from men. Some of them looked really good in his eyes and their profiles sounded halfway appealing, so he went on a date with one or the other.

For two weeks Yibo had dates with different men from the site "The Matchmaker" but none of these men wanted to see Yibo a second time. Soon after the dates started, it became clear that they were only interested in Yibo's appearance.

Frustrated, Yibo searched for information about the website's operator. He wanted to vent his frustration about these men who actually spent two thousand Yuan just to catch some handsome guy and then show him off.

Well, at least that was the impression Yibo got when he met the men. One of them had even said very clearly: "When I introduce you to my friends, they will make eyes at you. I'm sure they haven't seen such a handsome man."

Yibo clicked through page by page to search for the name of the operator. In the imprint and in the terms and conditions he finally found what he was looking for. Now at least half of it. Someone with the name Yu Bin was in charge of the site.

"So who's the real owner?" He murmured and angrily closed his notebook when Wooseok called him for dinner.

He went into the kitchen and saw Seungyoun and Wooseok kissing and moaning. "Get a room." He said and sat down at the table. He was tired of always having to watch them.

When would he finally find someone, with he could have what they have?