Chapter 19: The Elite Klaus

I'm kinda imagining Elite Klaus as Jason Statham.

Chapter 19:  The Elite Klaus

January 29 - 3:15 pm - Friday

"Move your asses!  Gerlini, higher! Laurens, watch your breathing! White!" I cringed. "Extend those wings for the Queen's sake!"

Professor Valeron's booming voice filled the training room as the whole class tried to keep flying.  We've been maintaining the same position for over 30 minutes; it was killing all of us.

I tried to extend my wings further, but it cost me to keep them wide open and balance myself.

Professor Valeron walked under us, inspecting our movements and judging our stamina.

Javian was beside me. His breathing has been coarse for a while now, but he kept going.  Eros was on my other side. He kept his eyes fixed in front of him, pushing all thoughts aside; one goal in mind, finish this training.

"Time's up!"

The whole class responded with a series of relieved collective comments. The combined sounds of feet landing on the floor was almost comical.

I let my wings rest, letting them fall down as they pleased. They felt extremely heavy.

"You have ten minutes to rest.  I expect you to be lined up when I return. Remember to hydrate!" Professor Valeron picked up his holopad and walked out. His glistening bare back was the last thing we saw.

"Out of all possible abilities, why did I get to be a flyer?! I'm not meant for this." Javian let his wings into his back and fell on the floor, panting. He draped his arm over his eyes.

Eros shook his head. "Man, don't say that. You are an amazing flyer!" He sat down next to Javian. "Think about the first time training. You could barely fly over a few minutes. Look at you now. Almost an hour man, that's amazing!"

Javian gave a half smile. "Yeah... that's true."

I gulped down water. "No lies, I'm amazed you didn't stop after 10 minutes. You've come a long way! I'm really proud of my team."

Javian chuckled, closing his eyes again. "Thanks Aurora."

Red and Saul walked over.

"Guys, there's a rumor going around. The Blue team was talking over there..." Red said, sitting down next to Javian. "Apparently a big time officer is visiting the Academy."

"Really?" I sat down crossed leg, scooting over to him. "Who?"

Red shrugged. "I'm not sure. Apparently he visited the third and second year students yesterday."

"Do you think he'll visit us?" Eros asked with a bit of excitement.

I shared the same feeling. A high ranking officer meant getting noticed.  With graduation just a few months from now, it was a blessing.

"Maybe." Red commented. "But, I didn't gather enough intel."

"Do you know anything else?" Javian asked, not moving from his carefree position.

Red frowned a bit. "Eh, I'm not sure. Saul, did you hear anything else?"

We all looked at Saul, who seemed uncomfortable with the spotlight. "Something about the Elites."