Chapter 20: The 90th Floor

April 30 - Friday - 5:00 pm

As days passed, my training progressed greatly and my body could definitely show it.  My arms and legs have gotten more defined, my stomach is now sporting soft abs, my back is ripped from all the flying, and my wings have gotten fuller and healthier.  It seemed professor Valeron had tightened his grip on our classes since the Elite's visit. His appearance making top news around Eastern Metropolis. Soon enough, all the Land of Eoqanir learned of this. It didn't take long before people started making conspiracies; myself included.

There were a lot of weird stuff going on, and even thought I wanted to figure everything out, it didn't make sense.

Learning that the Brokath were the ones who started the revolution thousands of years ago, a bakery ran by possible military personnel in my hometown, an Elite visiting the Academy. It seemed like something big was going on, yet nothing was connected.

It was confusing, so I shoved it to the back of my mind and concentrated on my training. Our team always gave their best, even with Javian complaining.  What Valeron said was true, we were better as a team; but I wanted to be good on my own too.

Today we had shooting practice; as is our usual Saturday meetups. We did extremely well, Javian and Red always giving us pointers.  At this point it was more about practice and determination.  In the evening, we decided to spar as a team, since we've been noticing a patter with Valeron.  Every Wednesday he'd make sparring matches with our respective partners in front of everybody.  We wanted to be ready.

The sparring room was adjoined with the shooting range room, which was extremely convenient.  So, after lunch, we started sparring.  Javian being the one who seems to lack skills, but slowly has progressed; I've won against him in every match.  I can't mange to win against anybody else, seeing as Red was much taller than me and had the upper hand.  Eros would always go slow on me but never let me take the lead, which irked me to no end.  Saul has never lost a fight with any of our teammates, including myself.  He has taught me many things, yet I seem to never take him off guard.

"Guard up! Rora guard up! Ooooh..." Eros yelled as Red's foot collided with my face.

I fell with a groan, dark spots dancing in my vision.  Red quickly ran over and pressed his knee on my throat. I tapped on the mat. "I yield! I yield!"

Red grimaced. "Sorry Aurora."

I shook my head as I sat up, caressing my cheek. "Damn, that was a good fight. Don't you dare ever back down on me Red."

He grinned, wiping away at the sweaty wet strands of blue hair, as he pulled me on my feet. "Never would dream of it."

Eros threw me an ice-patch. "Red, did you have to hit her face?"

"She's fine. She's taken worse hits." Saul muttered.  Today, Saul seemed extremely annoyed with everything. 

"Technically, I could have waited a bit more.  But, she left it unprotected, so I took my chace." Red ruffled my hair, I smiled showing no hard feelings.  We are in this Academy to learn, to fight, and to develop our skills.  We can't do that if we go slow on each other.

"I'm done for today." Javian muttered with an ice-pack on his chest where Eros had hit him in the previous fight.  "I now know how a punching bag feels like."

We all packed our things, hydrating ourselves from this exhausting day of training. As we all bundled up inside the elevator, Eros piped up: "Zion invited you guys to a small get together at our room tonight."

I scratched the back of my head. "I don't know..." I had a few projects held up and was thinking of finishing some. Even thought I've been doing great in classes, training was taking up a lot of my time.