Chapter 21: Saul's Past

"What?" Saul asked while I was heaving on the trash can, emptying what was left in my stomach.

"Brokath, if I remember correctly." Cory said, gaze flickering between Saul and I. "You seem to know what that means, don't you?"

I heaved some more.

Saul was pale, he didn't seem to know what to answer. "Cory, I need you to tell me every detail you saw, heard, read, everything."

Cory sighed. "Fine. When I projected, I found myself in the middle of a laboratory..."

~~~~

Cory opened her eyes, amazed that she had indeed made the far fetched projection.  It wasn't within her ability to project this far away, even more to a place she had never seen before.  It must have been the mushrooms. She did feel power running through her, similar to adrenaline.

She looked around, seeing white tables with empty flasks and utensils. Everything seemed brand new. The lights were too bright for her eyes, to be perfectly honest.

Cory quickly darted her gaze to the ceiling, making sure to not have been caught by cameras; she found non.  She guessed there must be camaras on the hallways, not in the rooms.

She sighed in relief, now determined to find something interesting to tell her friends once she returned. She made sure not to make sounds as she stepped to a door labeled Office. She grimaced as turning the handle made a soft clicking sound. She peaked inside, seeing it was empty. She closed the door behind her and took a look around.

It was a plain office, with little to no decorations.  The first thing that caught her attention was the bulletin board set to the wall on her right. It had many strings connecting multiple papers, images, and maps. 

"What is this?" She muttered softly, following the strings and trying to decipher what they meant. She did a doubletake when she saw Saul's face labeled with some information.

Saul Khan
Ability: Flyer
Location: The Academy - Eastern Metro

Next to it, an image of a much older man that looks strikingly like Saul, labelled:

Joseph Kahn
Ability: Flyer
Location: Deceased - July 27th

Cory frowned, trying to remember if Saul ever mentioned his dad before. She certainly didn't know he had died, much less so recently. Probably the reason he often kept to himself.

Cory's gaze followed on the strings that were attached to Saul. One of them lead to an image of a town, labeled Miner's Town - Canyons - Enlightening Corp. This was Aurora's hometown for sure.

Saul's picture had one more string that connected to another set of images. The quality of them looked old, not recent at all. There were three in total.

A beautiful young woman, with a few of Saul's characteristics. Specially, his thin almond eyes.

Martha Khan
Ability: Acid Touch
Location: Unknown

A boy that couldn't be older than ten, a soft smile on his lips. 

Theodore Khan
Ability: Unknown
Location: Unknown

Another boy, this one around six years old, a grin on his face with a missing tooth.

Simone Khan
Ability: Unknown
Location: Unknown

Cory tried to remember their names. These were Saul's family members. Martha Khan was a copy printer, because damn these kids all looked so much alike.