Prologue

A boy named John was sitting in the car. He had a laptop perched on his lap as he typed loudly on his blog.

His sister, Harry, took her headphones off. "John, I can hear you typing through my music. Will you be a little more quite?"

John didn't like his sister much. She didn't like him either. "No."

Harry didn't say anything. She couldn't. If she pissed her brother off to much he'd tell her homophobic dad that Harry was gay, seen as she had only come out to John. She pulled her headphones back on.

John sighed. He didn't like much in his life.

"John, why don't you enjoy the scenery? You've been on your laptop for far to long," John's stepdad called from behind the wheel. John's stepdad tried to be a nice father. Unfortunately, he was a homophobic drunk, that knew nothing about his children.

John turned his laptop off and glared at his stepfather. He rolled his eyes a looked out the window. It was actually quite pretty. Really. John didn't care.

"Why are you so grumpy, John?" John's stepdad asked. "It's so beautiful outside, right? You're going to love it here."

"And immediately move away," John said without looking back from the window.

"Oh come on, John," John's stepdad sighed. "This time will be different. We'll stay here. You'll love it here. You'll make friends, get a girlfriend, and most of all, you'll stay here. I swear you're going to love it here."

John huffed. "I doubt it."