14

"This is your chance, John!" Mary said.

"The fact that we've been hiding behind a wall at school for three hours just to confess my feelings is a little unsettling," John said.

"Whatever, look, there he goes, go to him," Mary whispered, shoving John in the direction of Sherlock.

John bumped into Sherlock.

"John?" Sherlock said, turning around.

"Hey! Yeah. What's up!" John said.

"You just bumped into me," Sherlock pointed out.

"Yes. I know that," John nodded. He glanced around at the other students, "Can we...talk in private?"

Sherlock nodded and pulled John by the hand to the bathroom. There's been many bathrooms in the school, this one being one that few went to due to the fact that there'd been a rumored murder in there once.

"What?" Sherlock asked, once he'd closed the door.

"I...uh...I never actually was with Mary, as if turns out," John started.

"Oh?" Sherlock said. Even if John were three miles away, he would have been able to see the glint of hope in Sherlock's eyes.

"Yeah! And, well, if it isn't to late or anything, I'd love to go to the dance with you," John started to mumble, "Not platonically."

"Like romantically?" Sherlock asked.

"Yes."

"John Watson, did you just ask me out?" Sherlock asked.

"Yes."

Sherlock stepped towards John. Slowly. And then he kissed him. John enjoyed the feeling of his lips before he started to kiss back. The kiss felt like hours. In reality it was perhaps five seconds.

When Sherlock pulled away he said, "Yes. I'll go with you."

John stared at Sherlock with amazement. "You kissed me."

Sherlock nodded, "Can I do it again?"

"Be my guest!" John smiled.

This time the kiss lasted longer. A few seconds longer than the last. This time John immediately kissed back. Neither of them had ever quite kissed before, making them a bit awkward. They weren't sure what to do with their other body parts while they kissed. Especially their hands. John's hands wiggled about until they settled around Sherlock's curls, and Sherlock's hands wiggled until they settled on John's waste.

This time when they broke apart they did it because the bell had rung. They both hurried to class.

John's first class was shared with Sherlock. It was the one where they sat right next to each other. John's left hand slipped to the area between him and Sherlock and Sherlock's hand did to. Eventually they were holding hands. They decided against looking at each other, but they still firmly held hands.

They didn't have much time together after that class other than lunch. During lunch, Mary was happy to see the two holding hands as they did in class.

"I see you to got together," Mary smiled, "Are you going to the dance together then?"

"Of course," John nodded while Sherlock nodded in agreement.

~~~

It'd been Friday. The two walked to Sherlock's house before John's.

"Wanna go see a movie tomorrow?" John offered.

"Sure," Sherlock agreed.

They stood awkwardly staring at each other for a moment. This time John was first to kiss him. They stood there, repeating the same kiss they'd had at the beginning of the day for the same length of time.

"I love you," John said as he turned to go home.

"I love you too!" Sherlock yelled.