17

"Uh..." John said.

"Did you just say 'uh'?" Sherlock asked.

"It's just that my dad's homophobic! You know that!" John said, "How am I......How would we...."

"I'm well aware your dad's homophobic," Sherlock nodded,"But does he need to know that you're going to the dance with me?"

"He's going to want to see my 'date'," John said. Then John realized something. Something absolutely wonderful.

"What?" Sherlock asked, "You have an 'all of a sudden I'm smart' face going on."

"Mary!" John said, "If I pretend Mary is my date, we can go together!"

John pulled out his phone and dialed to Mary.

Mary picked up the phone, "hello?"

"Jesus, Mary. Why do you sound like you just woke up?"

"Because I did. Because it's the weekend."

"Well, get some caffeine into your system, we need to figure out a plan for Johnlock."

"Johnlock!" Mary sounded excited.

"Yes. For.... Johnlock."

"I'll be right over! Where are you?"

"I front of the movie theater."

"Alright, gimme five minutes."

Impressively, Mary made it to the movie theater in five minutes.

"What is it? Are you guys dating yet? Johnlock!" Mary said, scrambling to the two.

"Uh, we were just on a date..." Sherlock said.

"Mary!" John said, "We need you to pretend to be my date to the dance."

"Why?"

"Because my dad's homophobic," John explained.

"I thought you were bi?" Mary said.

"Well, of course I haven't come out to my parents!" John said.

"Right. So you tell your parents that I'm your date, then at the dance have Sherlock be your date?" Mary asked.

"I actually prefer to think John's my date, not that I'm his date," Sherlock announced.

"Yeah, that's exactly what you need to do," John told Mary, ignoring Sherlock's comment.

"Okay!" Mary grinned, "Boy, I really love plotting to make sure two people are together."

"Yeah, it's a little weird," Sherlock commented.

As the two walked to Mary's place to plan it all out, Sherlock asked John, "What's Johnlock?"

John put one hand up, "John," he put another up, "Sherlock," he put the two together, "Johnlock. Apparently our couple name...or something."