11

"Heya, do you guys mind if Sherlock stayed here tonight?" John asked, "He goes to our school, so you can just drop him of with us tommorow morning."

"I don't see why not," John's mum shrugged.

George glanced wearily at Sherlock before he nodded.

The two headed to John's room.

"Oh boy," Sherlock said, looking around, "This is your room?"

"Yup," John nodded, "Not much to look at, eh? I have a lava lamp, so that's pretty cool. And I have a...really dated laptop, those are the only remarkable things about me."

"Well, I think it's absolutely brilliant," Sherlock nodded.

John scoffed, "Really? Because you have a far better room than I do."

"Yeah, well, you know," Sherlock shrugged, "I don't have a lava lamp."

"You're being sarcastic," John said.

"Maybe I am," Sherlock said, "Maybe I'm not, it's up to you to decide."

Sherlock pulled out his sleeping bag, "Where should I set up?"

"Uh, there," John pointed at a spot about a foot to the right of his bed.

Sherlock set his sleeping bag up there, with his phone, pajamas, change of clothes, and his bag, to the right of the sleeping bag.

John checked his digital watch, "If we stay up any longer George'll get suspicious."

Sherlock changed in the bathroom, while John did in his own room. The two promptly went to bed without a second thought.

An hour later, John said, "Hey, Sherlock?"

Sherlock rolled over to face John, "Yeah?"

"I can't sleep," John replied.

Sherlock sat up, "Neither can I."

John turned on a small lamp sitting at his desk and said, "Well, what are we gonna do?"

"Sleep."

"Well don't be a smart-ass," John said.

"Why? That's what most people call me anyways," Sherlock replied, "It's my personality by now."

"Right, well can you be less of a smart-ass?" John asked.

Sherlock scoffed, "Why?"

"It's annoying," John said.

"Hey, John?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah?" John asked.

"Do you...would you....um...maybe possibly go to the Valentine's day dance with me?" Sherlock asked.

"There's gonna be a Valentine's day dance?" John asked.

"Yes," Sherlock nodded.

John thought a moment. "Perhaps, platonically?"

"Well, not necessarily," Sherlock muttered.

"So.... romantically?" John asked.

"Yeah. That is what I intended," Sherlock said realizing that John was going to say no.

John thought for a moment, "Sherlock, I have a girlfriend."

"Then break up with her."

"What?!" John said, "I can't just walk up to her and say 'sorry, I'm gonna break up with you because Sherlock asked me out'."

"You could, there's nothing stopping you," Sherlock said.

John thought again, "I'll consider it, Sherlock."

"Thank you, John."

The two sat in silence for a while.

Sherlock broke the silence, "So. How are you?"

"Fine," John nodded, "I'm fine. You?"

"I'm good," Sherlock replied.

"Good, that's good," John said.

"Well. Goodnight," Sherlock said, turning on his shoulders away from John.