Chapter 4: Breaking the News

I had Grace and Adrian drop me off at home after our meeting with Rev. Stone. I called Ricky and asked him to meet me at my house in an hour. I am going to tell my parents and Ashley first and then tell Ricky when he got here. I don't want to be the only one at my house that knows while I tell him that way I have some support from my family.

I walked in the house and my mom was making lunch like she does every Sunday while my dad and Ashley were watching a movie like they do every Sunday. I told myself that everything would be ok once they knew. We all sat down and ate well they ate I still can't hold anything down yet.

"I have to tell you guys something." I said. "Ok what is it?" my mom asked. "Please promise me that you won't yell or talk until after I finish."  "Ok we promise" they all replied. Then I just came out with it "I'm pregnant." Me saying it out loud for the first time really made it seem real. I explained the whole plan to them and they seemed ok with it. I mean they weren't happy and dad refused to talk but at least they didn't kick me out or anything. Then my dad finally talked, " Who is the dad? Is it Ben You know I always knew that kid was going to be no good. I'm calling Leo." "No dad don't it isn't Ben's baby." I said. "Than who's is it?" he asked. "This kid named Ricky who I met at band camp." I told him. "Of coarse it happened at band camp. See I told you Anne everyone gets pregnant at band camp. But you let her go anyway." he yelled. "George calm down you did not tell me that.'' my mom said to him.  "Well dad you're about to meet the dad he should be here soon." I said.

We sat on the couch in an uncomfortable silence waiting for him to come. When finally phone vibrated it was Ricky saying he was here. I went to the front door to greet him. When I answered the door he immediately knew some thing was wrong. I don't know what made hime notice it could have been that my voice was shaky and I was pail or the fact thet my family was standing at my door with me. I invited him in.

"We'll leave you two to alone to talk." my mom said dragging my dad and Ashley with her.

"Um Ricky I have to tell you something." I said nervously. "Ok what is it" he said suspiciously. "I..I..I'm Pregnant." I said terrified of what he might say. I told him my whole plan and I even told him that he didn't have to be involved if he didn't want to be. "Amy of coarse I want to be apart of the baby's life." he said. "We don't have to be together I mean I like you and all but i think that we can raise the baby civily as friends" I said. "Ok and if the friendship grows than what?" He asked. "Than it does" I replied.

I showed him the ultrasound pictures and we stayed up until 1:00 a.m talking my mom came out and said that she didn't want him driving and made him a bed on the couch. I went in my room and just thought about how much my life was going to change.