Chapter 10: Oh baby

One week later....

Today I have a doctor's appointment. I feel like in the last week I  have gained 50lbs.

"Are you ready  Amy?" Ricky asked.

"Yeah let's go. "I answered  I'm only in sweat pants and a hoodie with a pair of uggs. Thats the only thing I feel somewhat comfortable in. We went to the doctor's  and he called us back quickly.  I told him that i was having sharp pains on and off for a few days. He said that they were just Braxton hicks which are basically pretend contractions. He said that if they were coming every 3-5 minutes or if my water broke to call the office and go to the hospital. He checked me and said that I am 3 cm dilated, and also put me on bed rest which means no school until after I have the baby.  He said that even though I'm only 31 weeks I could have him any day which really scared me and Ricky.

We got home and I followed doctor's orders and laid down. I called my parents, Adrian, Grace,  and Ben to let them know about the appointment.

2 weeks later....

"Oww!" I said loudly to myself. Maybe I should call Ricky.

"Hey Ame is everything ok?"

"I think we need to go to the hospital!"

"Ok I'll be right up. Don't move!"

Thank god he only works downstairs from the apartment.  Him and Ben came running in. I was surprisingly calm and when they came I was getting my bag for the hospital together.

"Amy I told you not to move." Ricky said frantically.

"I'm ok for 4 minutes and then I have to sit and wait for my contraction to pass." I replied.

"Speaking of here one comes now." "OWWW!"I screamed louder.  At this point the pain was so bad I was hysterically crying. Ricky called the doctor and they said to go to the hospital. Ben and Ricky each grabbed one of my arms and pulled me off the couch. We had to try and make it down the stairs and in to the car in 4 minutes before the next contraction.

When we got in the car we called my parents and they called our friends and Ricky's family. We arrived at the hospital and got settled in a room. When the doctor came into check my progress he said I was 6 cm dilated.

After 4 hours of intense painful labor with no pain meds and 20 minutes of pushing our baby boy arrived.

"He's beautiful!" I said crying with joy.

After everyone came to meet the baby we were faced with a hard decision...what would we name him?

Ricky told me this story once about his uncle who he loved so much who passed away. When he was still with his birth parents he would run away to his uncle's house, it was the only place he felt safe. When he died he couldn't take the abuse anymore and that's when he went into foster care.  So I had an idea.

"Ricky I think I have the perfect name for our little guy." I said

"What?" He asked

" Jonathan Richard Jeurgens - Underwood. Jonathan for your uncle and Richard after you I really want the name hifened because we aren't married. What do you think?" I asked him.

"I think it's a perfect name. Right John?" He said looking at John

We announced the baby's name and everyone loved it.

Since I gave birth naturally, with no drugs and John was healthy we were able to leave the next day. I was so scared to bring John home, and so was Ricky he drove maybe 10 mph the whole way to his apartment. When we got home Ricky was rocking John in his rocking chair and taking to him. I just looked at the two of them and started crying.

"What's wrong Amy?" Ricky asked.

"Nothing everything is perfect I love John and I love....you." I said hoping for him to say it back.

"John love you too, and so do I. " he said smiling at me.

I felt so happy, like my whole world is complete, I had everything I could ever want. Even though I'm 15 and I know its going to be a hard journey at this very moment I am so happy.