Chapter 11: New Reality

John is a week old now, which means that I have to leave Ricky's and go home. I really don't think that this is fair to Ricky,  he has been with John every minute since he's been born and now he'll only see him when he is able to come over.

"Ricky..." I whispered trying to wakehim with out waking John.

"Yeah?" He asked yawning.

"My mom said she is coming to get me in 15 minutes."

"I told you I'd take you home later." He said.

"Yeah I know I told her that but she insisted on comin."

"Ok well I start my first day at work since John's been born today. So I'll come over after to see you and John." He explained.

We got all of my stuff andthe baby's stuff together. Whuch is a lot since I brought everything from the shower. Knock  knock.

"Hey mom!" I said excitedly.

"Hi sweetie! You look great, you look like you didn't have a baby last week."

"Thanks. I still feel ,ike I had a baby last week though." I said.

"Amy am I taking you and John to his doctor's appointment tomorrow?" Ricky asked.

"If you can, that would be great." I replied.

"Ok well it isn't until 3:00 so I will be done work by then." He said smiling.

"Ricky do you mind stopping by later tonight for dinner me and George want to talk to the both of you. " my mom asked

"Yeah no problem I was going to stop by and see John tonight anyway." Ricky replied.

My mom took John to the car.

"Bye Ricky." I said

"Bye Amy. " he said back.

"I love you." He said kissing me.

"I love you too" I replied.

I left and it was the hardest day I've had since John was born.  Up until now I had Ricky to helpwith the baby. Now I'm pretty much on my own. My dad is at work, my mom shopping,  and Ashley is no help at all. I feel like a single parent.

I finally got John to sleep and its 6:30. Ricky called to say he was on his way over. I got dressed in the cutest outfit I had that would fit me. I was wearing a black skirt with a light pink shirt and black flats. We all ate dinner nkw time to talk with my parents.
Amy: "So what do you want to talk to us about?"
George: "We want to go over some things with you guys."
Amy: "like what?"
Anne: "me and your dad were talking and we think it would be a good idea for us turn the garage into a room for you and the baby."
Amy:"really?! Thank you so much! But what does this have to do with Ricky? "
George: "me and your mom were talking and we came to an agreement,  you can spend every other weekend at Ricky's. Ricky you can spend the other weekends here."
Ricky: "ok that sounds great! Thank you."
Anne: "and Amy if you need Ricky's help with the baby during the week he is welcome to come over whenever. You don't have to ask."
Amy: "thank you for helping us so much."

The next day Adrian and Grace came over to see the baby and help me pick out colors for my new room. I wanted something that I liked but still something that could be a little boy's room too. So we came up with light blue and grey. John has all white furniture and so do I so everything matches perfect.
Grace: "We have something to tell you. "
Adrian: "Well I don't Grace does."
Amy: " ok what?"
Grace: "ok well me and Jack have been having sex for the last few months, as you know. "
Amy: "yeah you've told me quite a few times. So? WAIT! you're not....?"
Grace: "I might be. We bought tests and brought them I just didn't want to take them without you."

So we weto the bathroom and Grace took the tests. 3 minutes pass.....positive, positive, negative. We were so confused.
Amy: "Call the doctor "

Grace called the doctor's office.
Adrian: " what did they say?"
Grace: " I told them about the test and they said to come in now. "
Amy : " I'll grab John then we can go."
Grace : "ok"

We went to the doctor's office and they said that the two positive tests were correct. Grace started crying hysterically.

Grace's POV...

I'm so scared to tell my parents.  They think I'm saving my virginity for marriage, I mean I'm the president of the teen abstinence group at church. What will they think of me. I asked Adrian and Amy to drop me off at home so I  could tell my parents.  I didn't want to wait like Amy did.
Kathleen: "hey honey. "
Grace: " hey mom. Is dad home?"
Marshall: " yes I am. Why?"
Grace : " can I talk to you guys?"
Kathleen : " of coarse you can. What's up?"
Grace : " you are probably  going to hate me. I'm pregnant."

They both looked at me and both started to cry. I felt horrible. My dad told me to sleep somewhere else tonight and that I could come back in the morning after he left for a work trip. So I did.