Chapter 7: Its a...

Eight weeks later...

   "Amy! Breakfats is ready!" Anne yelled. I walked out to the kitchen and smelled french toasts. Oh god I think I'm gonna be sick. I thought and ran to the bathroom. Being 18 weeks pregnant certain foods make me sick, foods that I once loved. Today was the big day... me and Ricky get to find out if we are having a son or daughter! I'm  so excited. "Mom I  don't  think I'll  be able to eat french toast ever again." I said sarcastically. "When is Ricky coming to get you?" My mom asked. "Well my appointment  is at 2:00 but he'll  be here at 12:00." I replied. "Oh why so early?" My mom asked curiously. "Well I never met his paents, well adopted parents. So we are going to their house before the doctor's office. "

"Oh I  had no idea he was adopted." My mom reponded.

Ricky called to tell me he was out front. I got up which takes me about  five minutes now. When I  got the car he greeted me and of coarse the baby  too. I love when he does that. The baby moves around  alot its so weird but Ricky still hasn't  felt it. We were singing and dancing and Ricky placed his hand on my belly when the baby kicked harder than ever before. I think Ricky got scared because he pulled over and made sure I  was ok.

"Amy are you sure that's normal?" He asked.

"Yes Ricky  the baby kicks me all the time. Now let's go we have to go to your house before the appointment." I said.

So he continued driving until we pulled up to his huse. I've been here just not when his parents weren't home. When we walked in there was an over whelming smell of spices. "Ricky!" I yelled holding my mouth. He grabbed my hsnd and took my handand we ran to the bathroom. I threw up and Ricky held my hair, he never did that before.  I was so embaressed because one, I didn't want to insult his mother's cooking and two because Ricky just watched me puke my guts up. "Ricky I'm so sorry I hope you aren't  mad." I said " why would I be mad it's not your fault." He replied kissing my head. He's  been doing that alot lately...kissing my head I mean. I think I want to be more than just friends....

Ricky's POV

I felt so bad for Amy she was so embaressed. "Well mom and dad this is Amy."I announced holding her hand. "Amy this is my mother Margaret and my father Shaker." "I'm so sorry Margaret I wasn't insulting your cooking I have a really weak stomach for smeels" she said almost in tears. I new my mom understood and she wasn't mad or insulted. She suggested that we sit outside and talk. Amy thought that was a good idea. "Well I'm glad we got to meet you Amy." My dad said. "Yes, and please don't hesitate to come over, I'm always here if you need ANYTHING." My mom added. "Ok thank you so much." Amy said politely as we left.

We got to the doctor's office about 5 minutes late so we only had to wait a little bit. The doctor called us and I helped Amy get up. We went to the examinationroom and  the doctor measured Amy's stomach. He said that she was very big for only being 18 weeks, probably because of how small she was before. Finally we get to see the baby I  am really hoping for a little girl but Amy wants a boy. I love seeing the baby on the ultrasoud but I really like the way Amy'sface lights up when she sees the baby. I obviously thought Amy was gorgeous at band camp but now she is prettier than I ever imagined anyone could be. The doctor knows what the gender is but we told him to email Anne instead of telling us. Amy wants to have a gender reveal party which means we won't kniw the gender until tomorrow!  I really don't want ot wait but I mean the least I can do is let her have a party I mean she is carrying my baby and she had to give up every thing. So what's another day.

The next day... Amy's POV
  I'm  so excited for the party! Grace and Adrian slept over to help with setting up with the party. "Amy I can't wait! I think its a girl" Adrian said. "No I'm pretty sure its a boy. "Grace replied. "I honestly have no clue what it is I want a boy but either way I'll be happy."Isaid smiling. 

All the guests have arrived and its time to find out the gender. There is a big box in the back yard half  blue and half pink, me and Ricky have to open the box together and a balloon will cone out revealing the gender.

5

4

3

2

1...everyone counted down and we opend the box. Then out came a BLUE balloon which means its a boy! I was so excited I hugged Ricky  and we kissed. I don't think either  one of us meant to it just kindof happened.... but I think we both liked it.