Part 12

"Why are you blowing up the Imperial Palace ?!"

"Yeah. I just feel like I want to do it."

Now that's not surprising. How many times has this person been enemies with me and made enemies

Maybe I should get him out of here before Lucas makes an accident.

"Lu, Lucas? Let's not do this here and go back to the tower. We're supposed to go back after we're done, right?"

Actually I just want to sleep like this. But seeing this guy act as he pleased, it seemed dangerous to be in the imperial Palace now.

I got out of bed and quickly approached Lucas. Fortunately, he reacted to me.

"Let's go to the tower now?"

"Yes! The tower is the best! I can't get enough of it! Always new! It's exciting!"

I could tell that my efforts had paid off, and I could feel the magic power slowly disappearing from Lucas's hands.

"Come on, let's go! Hurry up!"

I persuaded Lucas like a child who nagged his mother to go to an amusement park without missing an opportunity.

My efforts were not in vain, so after a while we arrived at the tower.

Oh, but this kills me. If I cut my head now, I think I can sleep like I passed out. So I think I fell asleep accidentally while Lucas carried me. I, I guess I'm not drooling.....maybe.

"Hey, Lucas. I'm really sleepy right now, so can we take a look at your tower tomorrow?"

As I was going down the stairs, I rubbed my sleepy eyes and said to Lucas. He's been dying to bring me to the tower for a few days, so I don't know if he's offended by what I'm saying.

"Yeah, it's almost dawn and I'm tired. You should sleep if you're sleepy."

But unexpectedly, he said happily. He even went down the stairs and summoned the nice bedding in a spacious room.

I almost crawled in there like I was possessed, then quickly came to my senses and turned my head toward Lucas.

He wasn't lying down and staring at me like he want doing something else.

I felt suspicious of lucas and curled my face.

"I, If I fall asleep, will you blow up the imperial palace?"

"What are you talking about?"

Lucas snorted. But I won't be fooled anymore!

"No, you're not going anywhere! You come here and lie down too!

I pulled his arm hard. The moment my hand touched him, Lucas flinched.

"Don't let go of your hand! You just sleep with me now. Stay right here."

I forced Lucas to lie down while he was off guard.

And this time I held his hand tightly. Lucas was frustrated and tried to pull his hand which was held by me, but I held his hand stronger.

"Hey, you......don't you be afraid if...…."

"I'm a light sleeper. If you let go of your hand, I'll get up right away. So, don't think about putting me to sleep using magic and going to the Imperial Palace, okay?"

Lucas paused. His vision felt close, but the city light slowly faded and I could not see how his face was.

"If you understand what........answer........."