Part 22

"Why are you so late?"

Athanasia was in trouble as soon as he appeared.

It was still the same arrogant way of speaking. But when he see her not angry, he seem to really like her. Lucas looked down at Athanasia with both annoyance and satisfaction.

"Did you missed me a lot? Seeing you call me so desperately."

The place where they are standing now was the reed forest where the two people first met. Standing in the middle of it, Athanasia picked up the magic that had been releasing.

But if Lucas didn't come, it could have been dangerous because of the depletion of the mana, but she didn't seem to have thought of the number of such cases in the first place. Lucas felt a little queer feeling, whether to laugh at the shallow belief or not.

"As you said, I think my dad in this world is really sick. But I think you're the only one who knows how to fix it now. Besides, you took the princess away."

"Then?"

"Help me. Please."

An unexpected words rang out in his ear.

At that moment Lucas flinched. He looked up at the blue jewel eyes he faced without a moment's decision on what to answer.

The glint in it made me feel strange because it was so honest and gentle as to when she had been arrogant to him until just a moment ago.

Athanasia seemed to have decided to end the war of attrition with Lucas.

"If I help you, will you do what I want?"

But she didn't answer. After a moment her face had little conflict, but she chose not to say anything stubbornly.

Is this an idiot? It would be a temporary solution if she said she would. She couldn't tell if she couldn't lie or if she didn't want to lie.

"Then what do I get from doing such a thing?

"Well, my thanks?"

"Get it off."

Lucas spoke without mercy.

There was not even room for reconsideration. It's kind of a thank you to get at least. What Lucas wanted from her was nothing like that.

Athanasia narrowed her eyebrows when she saw such Lucas. She seemed a little upset when her deal with him was unlikely to be established, and she seemed impatient. In the meantime, time was passing steadily so it was worth it.

Then she looked at him with her eyes as if she had finally made up her mind. Lucas burst out laughing.

"Then I'll threaten you from now on."

Did he hear it right now? Threat? How dare you threaten him? With what on earth?

"You threatened me first, so I'll threaten you from now on!"

Athanasia proudly declared.

"Oh, yeah? What are you threatening me with? Where are you going to do it? Listen and smile."

From Lucas point of view, of course, it was an unpraying sound. He spoke openly with a sneer around his mouth.

"If you keep coming out like that...…."

Soon, Lucas paused at the words of Athanasia's mouth.

"I'll forget you."

"What?"

"I'm going to forget you right now."

It was a funny if you think that would be a threat.

But strangely enough, Lucas felt a little nervous. Still, he didn't show any such insanity and opened his mouth as if he had heard a really absurd remark.