Chapter 14

I stared at the already decomposing body that was being held tightly by Jimin. My mouth was completely dry and I even struggled to blink. The only movements that were present were the extreme trembling of my hands. My mind raced as I thought of Jisoo's last moments: her lungs burning from the lack of oxygen, her hand reaching for the button to save our lives, the water finally invading her lungs as she struggled to swim back up... 

I cast my mind back to just before she dived into the pool, not knowing that she wouldn't come back alive. We filled her with false hope that she would make it and she didn't. I thought she would make it. I allowed a single tear to roll down my cheek; I didn't know her and she killed Namjoon but she didn't deserve this - none of us did. I glanced at Jimin who brought Jisoo's head to his cheek and held it there, probably regretting bullying her for the time that he knew her. He too was crying, much more than me, and he held her hand longingly. I had never seen Jimin like this but I guess the hidden sides of ourselves are brought out when you are being killed off one by one by a psychopath.

Sudden movements caught my attention: Jimin swam with the body to the edge of the pool without a word, carrying Jisoo's body with him. "Jungkook help me out please" he said, with a sad tone. However, there was no movement from Jungkook. He just stared ahead, his eyes blank and his mouth open slightly. My sympathy for Jungkook forced me to move out of my still state and migrate to Jungkook. 

I took hold of his waist and pulled him into a hug. It took him a while to respond to the hug but he eventually wrapped his arms around me. "It's going to be okay" I tried to encourage him softly and looked over his shoulder at Jin. His gaze was fixed on Jisoo and he slowly swayed back and forth with his brows furrowed. He looked like he was in deep thought but calm at the same time. Not surprising. I returned my focus to Jungkook. "Come on, we should probably help Jimin" Still not saying a word, Jungkook broke the hug, walked over to Jimin and held his hand out for Jimin to grab. Jimin took hold of the hand and lifted himself out of the pool, taking Jisoo with him. 

Jisoo lay on the ground with her eyes wide open and staring at the ceiling. Her struggle and last moments of life was displayed heavily on his face as if she was still alive. I remember the last time she smiled was when she said: "I couldn't swim to save my life". How dangerously ironic. I looked away from her quickly; I couldn't bare to think about her death again. Jimin sat at the edge of the pool and stared at it in deep thought. "There is something not right about this" he said. 

"I just don't get it" he said, "the task was so simple: the button was so easy to get. How did she die?" He continued to stare at the pool with a saddened and confused expression on his face. I sighed as I wondered the same thing. The button was not hard to get at all and there was no reason for Jisoo to find it difficult. We knew she couldn't swim but even a five year old would be able to get that.

"I think there is something wrong with the pool"

"Why what's wrong with the pool?" I asked. Jungkook peered over the edge of the pool and his eyes drew narrow. Seeing Jungkook's reaction made me rush to the pool and find out what Jimin meant. However, I wasn't able to point out what was making Jungkook and Jimin so confused.

"What is it?" I asked in confusion. 

"I can see the button but it looks different from how it looked before" Jimin said. I squinted harder at the pool and realised that he was right. The red button, which looked bright and bold before the task, was now a little dot at the bottom of the pool.

"Oh" I replied to them, "but that doesn't make any sense. It wasn't like that before"

"Yeah I think someone should check it out" Jimin began to lift himself out of the pool and stood above it as if he was about to dive in. My eyes watered as fear rose up in my chest, making me want to throw up. Nervous butterflies formed in my stomach as I began to wonder if I would lose both of my closest friends today. I grabbed Jimin's arm desperately.